We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Transit at Changi Airport

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
In Transit at Changi Airport

I have a 7.5 hour stopover at Changi airport. I'm planning to go on the free city tour, swimming and get a meal.

If I go swimming do I need to bring a towel in my hand luggage, or are these included in the price?

Also, can I pay for a meal/swimming by credit card or do I need to take Singapore Dollars with me? If so, how much should I withdraw?

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

A towel and a non-alcoholic drink is included, also soap is provided for shower.

You can withdraw cash at ATMs at airport or you can bring GBP cash with you and change to SGD at Changi airport at money changers.

Don't change in the UK, money changers at Changi airport will give better rates.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

You can pay for swimming and anything in the airport by credit card. If you having a meal outside in a restaurant than credit cards will be fine, but if it is in a Hawker centre or food court then you will need cash.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,128 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

And yes, bring £5 notes and changes as need at the money changers in the airport. Don't change in the UK.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

I am landing at SIN from DEL in economy at 4pm, and the next morning at 9.30am I am flying to HKG in first class suites.

I am staying in the transit hotel with 2 blocks of 6hrs overnight. Then I can go straight to the Silverkris Gold Lounge as soon as I wake up.

But what will happen to my luggage?

When I check in at DEL, I can tell them my final destination is HKG, will they transfer my luggage for me to the next flight the following morning? As a first class passenger, this service should be offered.

And could I get my Suites boarding pass when I check in at DEL, or would I have to use the transfer counter at SIN T3 to obtain that boarding pass?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,778 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

Clackers2011,

If you travel with the same airline both legs and it`s full service - YES - you can check your luggage all the way through to the final destination HKG and it will be reloaded into your onward flight in SIN automatically.

If different airlines - please specify...?????

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,325 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

If you bags are through-checked (tagged) to HKG , there is no need to retrieve your bags at SIN. Through-checking is possible only if the airlines concerned have interline agreements. Similar for boarding pass.

If you cannot through-check you bags from DEL to HKG, you can try to arrange for the bag transfer at the transit desk at SIN, air side. Bag transfer is possible only if the 2 airlines have interline agreement, and check-in for departing airline is open. Assuming you are flying SQ from SIN, check-in is possible at SIN 48 hours before departure.

Edited: 02 January 2013, 04:47
London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

I am sorry I forgot to mention both flights are with Singapore Airlines, they were just booked on different tickets, and in different classes.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,778 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

<< Singapore Airlines, they were just booked on different tickets, and in different classes.>>

No problem, SQ will check your luggage all the way to HKG and issue all boarding passes at Delhi.

9. Re: In Transit at Changi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 22:16