We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

Hello,

My husband and I are staying for one night at the iconic MBS hotel after our cruise.

1)How far is this hotel to the new cruise terminal by taxi?

2) Which of the 3 towers should we request to stay to minimize walking to get to our room; to infinity pool and Skytop for city viewing. My hubby has bad hip & knee and can't handle far walks.

3)Our international flight leaves the next morning on Feb.4, 2013 at 06:50am. I read in the forum the wait for taxi at MBS is usually very long. Is this true even during the early morning hours?

4)How long will it take to get to the airport, and how much time should we allow for traffic? Approximately, how much will the taxi cost?

This forum has been a great help in planning for our trip. We leave for Singapore in 12 days and had to make last minute changes to our itineray & schedule. Thanks so much for all the help from the wonderful contributors to this forum,

Happy New Year.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

Happy New Year. The cruise terminal is nearby MBS. By taxi, about 10-15 mins ride. It'll cost less than S$10 (about US$8). MBS should be able to help you get a suitable room to minimize walking. Taxi ride from MBS to Airport is about 20-25 mins. MBS is next to ECP (an expressway) leading directly to the airport. It is possible to book a taxi for a specific pickup time. Fare including booking should be between $30-$40. I'm sure the conceige can help. You might want to go to the garden at the top of MBS for a really nice view. The swimming pool gives the effect that the water flows over the edge. Enjoy your stay :-)

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

Dear MacVince,

Thank you very much for very helpful info. We will definitely check out the garden on top of MBS.

I hope to get input from other contributors as to which tower (1, 2 or 3) to request. I read that sometimes the wait for elevator could take long, and which one should give easy access to the infinity pool and gorgeous view on top.

Good day!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

I called MBS. Tower 2 has direct access to the SkyPark at the top. For the other 2 towers, you can still reach the top but will need to change lift at a certain level. You can only make the specific room request at check-in. There is a complimentary shuttle to the airport from the coach boarding point at the basement of Tower 2. Unfortunately, there's no complimentary shuttle or guest pickup from the cruise terminal. Hope that helps. (I travel much & often receive help from locals or online. Thus, I'm glad to be of some help to you.) Best Regards

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

Dear macVince,

You're awesome, and very nice for taking the trouble to call MBS to help me. It's too bad we can't take advantage of their free shuttle from hotel to airport as it starts operating from 6:00am. Our flight is at 6:50am, so I figure we have to be at the airport at 1 1/2 hrs before our flight. You must have read my mind, as I'm wondering if they have shuttle pick up from cruise terminal but forgot to ask.

We travel a lot too, and hopefully I can return the same help to you. I try to help or share my experience with other travelers asking question here at TA forum...truly a great resource!

Regards and happy travels...

Lena

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,833 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

There are 2 cruise Terminals, the one at Marina South is less than 5min by taxi and the meter probably wont have a chanc to tickover past the flag down fare.

There shouldn't be a wait for taxis at that time if the morning, the doorman will get you a taxi if there isnt one waiting. Check in counters are in Tower 1 and Tower 3. If you room is below floor 31 you need to travel either to floor 31 or the ground floor to change elevators to one that goes to the higher floors and the SkyPark. Lifts in all towers go to to the SkyPark.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

You're most welcome and enjoy your stay in S'pore :-)

california
Level Contributor
818 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

Hi Mankster,

Thanks for your additional input. We will be on the new cruise terminal, and so looking forward to our 1st visit to Singapore. We are flying in early and spend 4 nights before our cruise (last minute change to our original itinerary), take the 14 day roundtrip cruise from Singapore; and one more night in MBS post cruise.

With more time in Singapore, we can take it slow, easy and enjoy Singapore.

Best Regards,

Lena

8. Re: Pleasae help, questions about Marina Bay Sand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:17