We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Will be arriving on a Saturday morning about 6 A.M. Would like to take public transportation since the airport is connected the the MRT. Would someone tell me how to get to Conrad Centennial hotel and how long it would take?

We will both have one luggage.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Just go down to the Public Bus Bay of the Airport & Take Bus# 36 direct & it stop right infront of Conrad Centennial Hotel (infront of the Hotel Oscar's Cafe). Exact amount is required if U do not have Ez-link card. For Ur Journey, The fare is S$1.66 by Ez-Link card & S$2.10 for using cash. (Each Person / 1-way)

U use maps.google.com & search using Conrad Centennial Singapore Hotel

Zoom in on the Map, Click on that blue Bus icon & U will see Bus# 36 from Changi :D

The bus stop is right after the Suntec Fountain (That circle before the bus stop) So wat U do is, Press the stop button at that Circle & get ready to alight as it stop).

U can use this to see the fare etc: publictransport.sg/content/publictransport/e…

Bus stop# 02159 (Opp Suntec Convention Ctr)

Edited: 28 January 2013, 05:08
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Bus Journey is about 45min (maybe faster in that early morning)

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,730 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Hi silCa,

The nearest mr station to the Conrad is the Promenade station. Take the train from the basement of T2. If you land at T1, transfer to T2 via the skytrain. If you land at T3 make your way to the basement where you can access the MRT station. Whatever the case may be, the station is clearly signposted.

Once in the train you will need to transfer once the train pulls in at the Tanah Merah station. Transfer to the West bound station in the direction of Joo Koon. Tansfer is easy involving dragging your luggage across the platform. Your next transfer is to the Circle Line (yellow line) at the Paya Lebar station. This a bit more complicated but again just follow the signs. Get on the train heading towards Marina Bay. Alight at the Promenade station and walk to your hotel.

Here are the MRT map and a street map for you reference. The fare is about $2.20. At the ticket machine, you may be asked to pay $3.20. This is the old ticket machine. Once you reach Promenade, slot your ticket back into the machine to get your $1 back.

Do not hesitate to approach the MRT staff if you need any help.

Good luck!

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,730 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Sorry forgot the maps. :(

http://www.smrt.com.sg/Trains/NetworkMap.aspx

streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/…

California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

thank you for the link. very helpful.

thanks everyone for easy and detailed explanation of how to get to Conrad. We may just take the bus and go "sight seeing". to Conrad Centennial.

Will be arriving on Chinese New Year's Eve so should there be traffic much traffic if i take the bus?

Edited: 28 January 2013, 05:27
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,730 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

I do not think there will be heavy traffic.

1. It's too early

2. It's Saturday

3. It's holiday eve

The heavy traffic will be on the other side of the island towards Johore.

Enjoy your bus ride!

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,818 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Despite being a huge fan of the MRT system, I would just say that if you are flying in after a trans-pacific flight then it will be a lot easier on you to just hop in a taxi.

Buses have little space, if any for luggage, and the MRT takes quite a long time. I've done near enough that run (we went one stop more to Esplanade and the Pan Pacific). That was after a 4hr flight in from the Maldives and landed around 6am too. The MRT was quiet and easy to get round then and the ability to hop off at Paya Lehbar onto the Circle line was helpful as it avoided any crush - but that short flight made it OK and we had 2 small roller cases between us - I'd never want to do it with large cases or after an intercontinental. It took just over an hour door to door - whereas a taxi can be a 15minute trip to that area.

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

I took the 36 bus from Changi to Conrad Centennial as was described in post 1 with hand luggage. No issues early in the morning. Takes around 30 minutes (very close to the airport). Bus stop is right at the hotel, so no issues lugging the baggage too. Easier than getting off City Hall or Promenade which requires you to walk quite a ways through Marina Square.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Hey silca, myrm is correct. I live in Seattle, but am currently staying in Singapore with my wife and her family. I know first hand how long that flight is and after 18 + hours of flying and your layover your not going to want to take a bus or MRT. Just hopping outside and taking a taxi is the best way to go. It shouldn't cost you more than $20 or $30 SGD, which is about $16-$24 USD, especially that early in the morning.

California
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changi airport to Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel

Thanks everyone. We will see how we feel. It will either be the bus or the taxi. We will be on biz class on a non stop overnight flight to Singapore. If we can sleep and feel pretty good, than bus it will be. If not, we will take the taxi. It also depends on how light and small the baggage will be. If light then bus, it not than taxi.....most likely, we will take a taxi. when I really think about it. lol