We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Lionstar Express coach

J L
Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Avoid Lionstar Express coach

Avoid Lionstar Express coach service at all cost.

This horrible service is a subsidiary company under the Transtar Group.

We had a terrible experience travelling from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur on 28th Feb 2013.

Firstly it's supposed to be an express service and we were told we would arrive in KL at 8:30pm but we arrived at 11:30pm!

Secondly we were told there were three drop off points and we had organised to be picked up at Berjaya Times Square, but the bus did not stop at Times Square and when we asked about this we were told to take a taxi.

When we complained we ended up in a yelling match with the bus driver who didn't care that we paid for this service.

What kind of business is this?? And how are they allowed to be in business not delivering on what they are paid for??

It was a completely ridiculous and disgusting experience.

Lion? More like liars

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

Sadly, even the best Singapore - Malaysia coach operators are lacking in customer service, even though the quality of coaches is up to date. Their staff are weak at personal relations and are often crude and brash when dealing with customers. I have had an experience with Gunung Raya a few years ago (not sure if that company still exists). I could not board the bus because my seat was double booked to someone else by mistake and the other person happened to occupy the seat before me. As there was no other empty seat, I was left out. No sorry, no regrets expressed whatsoever from their staff!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

Sadly to say these sort of happens often. Maybe as consumers, we ought to be careful when we book seats on any coaches to peninsular malaysia. It is best to personally go a day or two before departure to the travel agency and confirm with them all the necessary details, seating arrangements and drop-off points. Also request for the person who attend to you at the travel agency to get it in writing in your travel invoice form all the details. It is of no use shouting at the bus drivers as there are merely doing their job of transporting you to your place of destination and they are the king of the road, all travellers have to obey their instructions for a safe journey. I have my fair share of woes with these drivers, but I am happy when they bring me and my family safe and sound to my destination.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

This is a very terrible service provided by Lionstar Express!

Now i'm sitting in this bus heading back to Penang from KL and now it's 1.36am but only reached Ipoh! We were told to reach Penang within 4 hours at 2am yet the driver not only delayed the journey but also keep on stop by at least 3 dropoff points which the selling ticket counter told us there's no dropoff until Penang! The driver's driving skill is suck to the max and irresponsible for making customer waiting for him half and hour without any inform. Furthermore the driver keep on smoking inside the bus like he's driving his own vehicle without us.

I really dissatisfied with the services and will never ever take this stupid bus anymore!

4. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:05
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

thanks for the info!

KL
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

Yes, we had a very bad experience also.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

If we follow all the "Avoid taking xxx bus company" to Malaysia then the only options left are taking a plane or train or rent a car.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 17:44
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

TRANSTAR alias Lionstar alias Alisan victims, I should have read your reviews earlier....regret!

I just had a bad run with these coach operators last week. I checked the official website of Transtar and found a contact number to call, booked my ticket on TRANSTAR from BU to Singapore, issued out the tickets days in advance. The coach was overbooked and my seat was occupied by somebody else who said her seat was also occupied by somebody else...(1st come 1st served!) NOBODY took responsibilities after that. TRANSTAR staff said, check your tickets, if it is issued by ALISAN, TRANSTAR will not honour those tickets...(I did not even noticed that the tickets were issued by ALISAN because I trusted the official website of TRANSTAR and had dutifully called their branch office to book). God, they dump you. I have yet to find time to make an official complaint to the right body.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

I also have bad experience with Lionstar express today.

Should have seen your post earlier.

It was supposed to drop us at Singapore, but those who are going to Singapore are asked to get down from the bus at Larkin, and then we are asked to follow the staff to an express bus company going to S'pore from JB.

This is really ridiculous. I am supposed to arrive at 3.30, but I ended up arriving at 5.30pm.

I will definitely make a complaint and even ask for my refund, and I will surely not take this company.

Disappointed!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Avoid Lionstar Express coach

You should be disappointed with yourselves. Research first before buying a ticket, not the other way around.