We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

I'm looking at travelling to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Jalan Seladang, Taman Abad Johor Bahru either on a Friday or a Saturday. I'm a Johor novice - I know very little about Johor and its surrounds.

I'll be staying either in Bukit Timah or Chinatown (specifically, Mosque Street).

If I travel from Bukit Timah to Johor, the fastest mode of travel is the MRT, right? Which means taking the train from Clementi Station to the station that would enable me to catch a bus which will take me past the causeway to Johor.

If I travel from Chinatown, is there a bus to Johor as well?

With public transport, my goal is to get as close to the KSL City Mall as possible without a long taxi ride. If I have to walk, I would prefer a short walk to my destination.

Here are some additional questions:

1) How often do the buses run?

2) What is the approximate duration of the trip from Clementi MRT to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

3) How long would the journey take from Chinatown to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

4) Am I better off taking a train from Singapore to Johor, if there is one?

5) Do the buses stop close to KSL City Mall?

6) Is it safer to travel on a Saturday given that it is the weekend and there will be more people travelling from Singapore to Johor?

7) Would forumites suggest some websites for me to read ie. bus timetables.

I welcome suggestions and comments.

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Hi Gentlesmile

Try this Link:

www.causewaylink.com.my/view-shopping.php…

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

The service will get U to KSL Within 10 to 15min & it stop behind the Mall.

Hope this Helps.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

1) How often do the buses run?

2) What is the approximate duration of the trip from Clementi MRT to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

3) How long would the journey take from Chinatown to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Where ever you are, make your way by train to Kranji MRT station. Then you can board bus 170 to the Singapore border. Clear immigration, board the bus again and you'll be at the Malaysian side. Clear immigration and walk to JB Sentral. Here you take Causewaylink's S1 bus to KSL City.

4) Am I better off taking a train from Singapore to Johor, if there is one?

For where you're going, take the bus.

6) Is it safer to travel on a Saturday given that it is the weekend and there will be more people travelling from Singapore to Johor?

No difference in terms of safety. There are lots of people going across the border everyday. Weekends are busier so crossing takes longer.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Hi Me^Only, thanks for the information.

May I ask where do I catch that bus to Johor from in Singapore?

Am I able to catch the bus from somewhere in the city centre of Singapore?

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Thanks AccidentalTourist, I didn't see your reply before I posted my last comment, so thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Hi Gentlesmile

Beside Bus# 170 at Kranji MRT, U can also take Bus# 160 at the same Bus stop.

As U come out of the MRT, u cross over to the Bus stop opposite MRT & take the bus from there.

Remember to Tab ur Ez-Link card when U board or alight (Even if U are alighting for immigration).

At the bus Bay of SG Side Immigrations, U can take either bus (Doesn't matter which bus U had alight from earlier).

I usually advise visitor to go on Friday, less crowded at Customs & Mall.

Let us know how it goes when U are back.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Me^Only, what is the Ex-Link card? Where do I purchase this card? Is this the card I use for public buses in Singapore or only for Singapore/Malaysia border crossing?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Hi Gentlesmile,

It's the EZlink card. It is a stored value card for travelling on the MRT and buses in Singapore. And yes you can still use the card to pay the fare on the 170 and 160 buses to/ from JB. The card costs $12 ($5 non-refundable card costs & $7 travel credit) and can be bought at the TransitLink office at MRT stations. The card lasts 5 years so at the end of your Singapore visit you may either surrender the card to get a refund of the balance credit or you may keep it for your next visit to Singapore or you may even pass them on to others who are visiting Singapore.

Besides the mrt station, you can even buy the card at any 7-11 outlets.

Hope this answers your question....

Edited: 21 April 2013, 07:59
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Hi SingaporeNancy, thanks for your answers :)

Am I able to use the Ezylink card for the bus I catch in Johor back to Singapore (ie. I'll be catching the bus on the Malaysian side back to Singapore)? Its okay to use a Singapore transport card in Malaysia as long as I'm headed back to Singapore?

Thank you

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Hi again Gentlesmile,

Yes, you can use the card provided you take the 160 or 170 buses as they are fitted with the scanners. I have done this before. I think you can do this on all Singapore buses as they all have scanners but since I have not taken the SMRT buses in JB before, i hesitate to suggest this.

Another thing please be extra vigilant when you are in JB. A lady travelling alone may attract unwanted attention. And JB is not like Singapore.

Good Luck!!

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,148 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore to KSL CITY Mall & Hotel, Johor?

Oh. . I forgot to mention like Me^Only said do not forget to tap the card every time you board/ alight from the bus. Singapore buses do not make stops once they enter JB. They will pick up passengers at the JB CIQ and head straight to Larkin bus terminal. Same on the return trip. It's only when they enter Singapore that they start their normal routine of stopping at bus stops.