We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asiatravel.com's freebies--worth it?

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
551 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Asiatravel.com's freebies--worth it?

I am a newbie to Asia and the booking sites for Asian hotels. I see on Asiatravel.com that they offer a free airport tranfer and a 1/2 day city tour. Has anyone taken them up on these offers and thought they were worth it--or not??? I see that the transfer is a bus--wondering if it goes all over the city before it gets to your hotel--we had that in Sydney and it was a hot, long, difficult drive in a bad van, so swore we weren't going to do THAT again!! Thanks for any help and advice that you can give me. We are just starting to research the Singapore leg of our journey and this forum is invaluable! BTW we are going to be there 6 Feb-10 Feb then going to a dive resort in Indonesia off of Manado.

Sally in Seattle

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asiatravel.com's freebies--worth it?

Transfer will be seat in coach like you describe. The route taken by the coach will be dependent on which hotels other guests arriving at the sme ime are staying in .the coach will be a seat in coach transfer would normally cost $9 a person. A taxi is around $22 to most hotels in town.

Those city tours are open to paying guests as well and are valued around the $30 per person mark.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asiatravel.com's freebies--worth it?

Sally,

Welcome to the SG forum! As Mankster has stated, taxis are not expensive in Singapore. After a long flight and with luggage it's worth it for the convenience of getting directly to your hotel. I would book the Asia Travel if without those freebies the price was still best. Also make sure you check if the price is refundable as your trip is quite a ways out. Do check with the hotel directly if they can do a better price for you. Other tips are, you can skip the breakfast option. It's usually a huge buffet that costs a lot which is unnecessary when you can eat so cheaply and so well outside (read about local breakfast on SG's travel wiki site). And pick something close to an MRT for convenience. It's easy and cheap to take public transport around so much so you may not need the HOHO.

Have fun in Manado, great diving there!

3. Re: Asiatravel.com's freebies--worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:18