We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Nepali citizen

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Nepali citizen

I have been to Singapore some time ago and planning for a Malaysia, Singapore and possibly Indonesia trip coming December. Last time we were only French people but this time a Nepali friend is also going with me. I have French passport so for me there is no problem. But I am wondering about my Nepali friend. Can he get visa upon arrival? What is the procedures? If he gets the visa upon arrival then what documents are needed?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,429 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

1/ Singapore tourist visa is not required

for citizens of Nepal for a stay up to 30 days.

2/ Malaysia tourist visa is required

for citizens of Nepal.

3/ Indonesia tourist visa is required

for citizens of Nepal.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,764 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

There is no Visa on Arrival facility in either Malaysia or Indonesia for Nepali nationals, you friend need to apply in advance for these two countries.

As a French citizen you can get a visa on arrival in Indonesia on production of US$25.

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

Thank you guys! Your replies has been so helpful. Have few questions and will post later on!

France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

Sorry forgot to ask...............so there is no visa for Nepali citizen or get visa upon arrival. If they do not need visa then will they need to fill up any forms or not? I heard something like Nepali citizen get visa upon arrival but not sure if they don't need or get upon arrival.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,429 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

<< I heard something like Nepali citizen get visa upon arrival but not sure if they don't need or get upon arrival.>>

Despite all the things that you << heard>>, Nepalese passport holders are NOT eligible for visa on arrival either to MAL or Indonesia. It means that those who wish to travel HAVE to go to the respective embassies ( Malaysia and Indonesia - separately) of the countries and apply for VISA in the due order.

France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

Thank you Schonefeld, its a pity that some people get visa upon arrival and some don't. I think there is embassy of Malaysia in Nepal so will my friend to go there to learn more. Have some more questions but will think about them and post again!

Thank you again!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
49,429 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

You are very welcome,,,, any time!

8. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:35
Shenzhen, China
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

i am nepali citizen (nepal passport holder) that means i can get visa on arrival for singapore yes?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,764 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa for Nepali citizen

There is no visa on arrival for anyone in Singapore.

But Nepali citizens don't need a visa to visit Singapore, so you are fine.