We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Kindly review my itinerary. Suggestions required.

Thanks in advance!

Day 1

> Plan to begin after 3 pm

The Asian Civilization Museum

Raffles Statue

Merlion Park

Gardens by the Bay (OCBC Skywalk)

Singapore River

Boat Quay

Clark Quay

-------------------------------------------------

Day 2

River Safari

Singapore Flyer

Double Helix Bridge

ArtScience Museum

Marina Bay Sands

By Direct Bus, (Drop off at Promenade) > Bayfront > Marina Bay

Day 3

Universal Studios Singapore (By Direct Bus)

Day 4

Resorts World Sentosa (By Direct Bus)

Day 5

Jurong Bird Park (By Direct Bus)

Day 6

Singapore Zoo (By Direct Bus)

Day 7

Chinatown Heritage Centre

Chinatown Complex and Maxwell Food Centre

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum

Night Safari (By Direct Bus)

I want to finalize my itinerary soon. So your suggestions will be most important for me.

Awaiting your thoughts :)

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Hi CRAZY T,

Your itinerary is fine except for 1 little change. I suggest you combine the River Safari wih the Night Safari. The River Safari is not very big and reports here indicated that 2-3 hours are enough to go round the place. You may go in the afternoon and then do the Night Safari after that.

Combine you Chinatown visit with the MBS and the rest. Go to Chinatown in the morning and end of with lunch at Maxwell before making your way to MBS. The current exhibition at ArtScience Museum Mummy Secrets Of The Tomb is not to be missed, imo.

My 2c. Hope this helps.....

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Which hotel will you be staying at? When you say direct bus, are you referring to the SAEX shuttle? Note that the SAEX bus picks up passengers at specific locations and at specific times. For Jurong bird park is does not go direct. It goes to Sentosa first and then to the bird park.

If there are 4 of you, you may want to consider taking a taxi. A single trip on the SAEX bus costs $5 an adult. A taxi to Jurong bird park from the CBD would be around $25, only slightly more expensive and much more convenient.

Also consider other public transport options such as bus and MRT. You can use www.gothere.sg to check MRT, bus and taxi routes and prices.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

And I would only add move Gardens By the Bay to Day 2 when you are seeing the Marina Bay Sands area. This way you do not double back on yourself.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Thank you "SingaporeNancy". I will surely consider River Safari + Night Safari. Its good to know that RS can be covered in 2 - 3 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes "AccidentalTourist69". I will take SAEX Shuttle. * I plan to stay at Bugis. 2 Adults Only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you "BornVivant". Agreed. Will move Gardens By the Bay to Day 2.

Thanks a ton for all your valuable feedback :)

5. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 07:05
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

For RWS and Sentosa, you can take the provided shuttle service for tourists. To board the shuttle you'll need to show your passport and embarkation card. If in Bugis you can walk to Summer View hotel which is one of the pick up points, or take a short MRT ride one station away to City Hall and board the bus from Swissotel stamford hotel.

www.rwsentosa.com/LinkClick.aspx…

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Can somebody pls explain whats this SAEX service all about? How economical and convenient will this be in comparison to the MRT/bus?

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,669 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Its a bus service that runs from the hotel districts to certain of the attractions in Singapore - notably the WRS parks and Sentosa. For the zoo its 5SGD per person so about half the price of a taxi for 2 peole but slower, its quicker than the MRT/bus to the zoo but more expensive.

There's a couple of runs in the morning to the attraction, and then return journeys at the end of the day.

Im not fond of arriving with a large number of people and fighting with a crowd to see things, and since they arrive later in the day than I like for me they cut too much of the day out and are too inflexible.

For the zoo and bird park I use a taxi, the 90+ minute run for bus and MRT is too much, the SAEs is too inflexible. For Sentosa Id just grab the MRT - cheaper and about as fast as a stopping bus.

Singapore, Singapore
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

Hi, if you are going to gardens by the bay, maybe you would like to drop by Marina Bay Sands in the evening to see their laser show (around 8pm) or go up to the sky park!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
387 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 N/8 D in Singapore. Please assist Experts :)

MYRM -- and what do u suggest for NIGHT SAFARI.

Actually i was planning to take SAEX service for the following

BIRD PARK, ZOO, NIGHT SAFARI AND COVE WATER PARK

I thought, that in the morning i would take TAXI (As advised by yourself) to go the BP AND ZOO and at return i can use the SAEx.

For Night safair the timings of SAEx are good, so i would use for both pick up and retun and similarly for Adventure cove water park

In this way i would reach early morning at ZOO AND BP and at starting time of both NS and Water park

Please suggest