We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June school holidays in Singapore

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
June school holidays in Singapore

I have just noticed that it is school holiday time in Singapore in June. My son and I will be there from 20-26 and will be going to the zoo and USS during this time, among other places. We planned on avoiding the weekends but will it be very busy during the weeks or do people go away for holidays. Any clues as to the least busy times to visit would be geatly appreciated.

Thanks

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

The zoo should be ok. it is only the shows that will be more crowded.

USS will probably have long queues for some rides. probably better to go during the later part of your trip as that is the last week of holidays most of the kids should be preparing to go back to school!

you may want to consider getting the express tickets to save the queues. another tip last time I went USS it tends to be very crowded in the morning. afternoon tends to be better shorter or no queues

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

Thank you for the advice, we will consider a visit later in the month, maybe Monday 24th and after lunch as USS.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,514 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

First ting in the morning is always quieter than than lunch time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
41 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

Personally i would advice against express tickets. I think they are an utter waste of money.

Kids who will visit the USS are probably the teens and most likely would visit on a weekday as its cheaper.

Do go in the morning as the afternoon sun in singapore is CRAZY.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

Thanks for the feedback about the school holidays, I have a rough itinerary below that we will base our visits on

Day 1. Thursday PM

Arrive Changi 3.30pm

Chinatown for a walk around and meal, staying in Temple Street

Day 2. Friday

Breakfast with Animals at the Zoo then visit Zoo

Go back to Chinatown via Orchard Rd,

Day 3. Saturday

Walk around boat and Clarke Quay areas, Marina Bay etc, just a walk around day with visits to whatever we can do around these areas, including the Art Science Museum to see the Mummies display, Merlion, parts of the Gardens by the Bay, probably eat at some where like Jumbo or along the quay area that night, bum boat ride perhaps

Day 4. Sunday

Sentosa USS day, travel over via cable car

More around Chinatown that we may have missed that evening

Day 5. Monday

Go to Changi Museum in the morning and come back through Little India, Arab Street, Bugis we are not really great shoppers so this should give us enough time

Day 6. Tuesday

Botanical garden in the morning last minute shopping Chinatown

Last day but we don't fly out until 10.30pm.

Again many thanks. I look forward to enjoying time in the lion city, the weather will not be an issue as we have a similar climate in Darwin where we live.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

all possible ..suggestion I would make is that you book in ADVANCE for Jumbo's at Clarke Quay especially on a Saturday Night ..just walking up could see you not getting a table

Brisbane
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

Ozyabroud, I too was wondering about the school holidays as my son and I plan to visit Singapore from the 21st to the 27th June so your post is very helpful to me too! We appear to be doing some of the same things but I think my son wants to do a few more exciting and adventurous things like Megazip, legoland etc! Hope you have a great holiday!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

Thanks for the post, we will be doing the zipline I think, but we are on the way back from 3 weeks on safari in Tanzania so I think we will want a bit of down time.

Hope you have a great time, enjoy all the street food it is great!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,715 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

school holidays are from June 1st to 30th .. and as anywhere during school holidays there will be kids everywhere...unavoidable

There will be families from Malaysia visiting Singapore ..as they have the same holidays ..and there will be families from Singapore visiting Malaysia ..so you can expect airports to be busy due to cheap airfares etc

Theme parks will be extremely crowded

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: June school holidays in Singapore

Hi,

You might want to do a search regarding USS. I persoanlly have never been but almost all my friends who have been there or go there "regularly" (a few times a year) all say that the rides are best in the evening, because it's cooler and also because there are hardly any queues, as compared to the morning crowd. They have all advised us (if we want to go) to save the big rides for the late afternoon...