We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Airways baggage service

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tiger Airways baggage service

I normally enjoy my experiences with Tiger but today I am venting my spleen. I'm in Singapore for 4hours between my flight from Phnom Penh and my onward flight. My checked bag has not been delivered to the carosell. On enquiry at Tiger's lost bags I am informed that I must wait here in the airport for at least 1 hour before someone can look for it - else pay $20. That's blackmail. I have things I was trying to do in Singapore before my next flight but I refuse to pay $20 when the error is theres!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Airways baggage service

sorry to hear of your problems ...but a draw back when using budget airlines...they set the rules ..so its pay the 20 or wait unfortunately,,,and lets hope they were on the flight

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Airways baggage service

Accepted. Part of the problem was the entirely discourteous and patently slovenly person at the lost baggage enquiry......why is it that they employ such unhelpful slobs when having someone with a smile and compassion would so greatly assist.

Anyway after more than an hour I finally walked around this intransigence and went up to see the Tiger staff at check in for my onward flight, who couldn't have been more helpful and polite. So provided the luggage hasn't disappeared they will on-freight it.

Thanks for your empathy.

3. Re: Tiger Airways baggage service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:17