We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning flight - Changi Airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Early morning flight - Changi Airport

Hello all!

I bring 4 months of travelling to an end on Tuesday as I fly out of Changi Airport heading back to London.

My flight is at 6.45am and so I'm wondering whether to bother with accommodation on Monday night or whether to just go to the Airport instead. What would you guys recommend? Myself and my g/f have never been to the airport before either.

Thanks!

Jongi

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

Personally I think you just book a night in the hotel than spending the whole night in the airport without sleeping! But you can also enjoy the nightlife of Singapore if you just don't want to book the hotel. For me I would book a hotel, wake up on time, catch a cab and drive to airport.

Good Luck!

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

Another recent thread very similar to yours: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k656…

Edited: 08 June 2013, 03:06
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,443 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

I would overnight in a comfortable hotel room instead of roaming in the airport among closed shops at night,. By the way - early access to airsdie HUGELY depends on the airline you fly out of SIN. Please specify.....................

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,767 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

If you can check in early you can book a 6 hours or more at the Transit Hotel so you can get some sleep before the flight.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

Hello, as others pointed out above, things depend on which airline you are flying with: if your airline allows early check-in then you'll be able to check-in, collect your boarding pass and enter the transit area. The transit area has eatery outlets, free TV lounges, free napping areas and transit hotels.

You may check if your airline allows early check-in at this link: changiairport.com/passenger-guide/departure/…

If you cannot check-in early then you will have to stay landside until your airline counters open for check-in. There aren't many things landside. There is the Crowne Plaza hotel at terminal 3

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

We are flying with Malaysia Airways. It seems they dont do early check in which is a shame as i dont really want to waste money on a nights accommodation for only a few hours sleep - especially as we have pretty much run out of money!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

Hi,

I suggest either book a very budget hotel........ But thing is you will still incur the expensive cab charges as it's the wee hours you need to leave for airport. So if it's me, I would probably supper until late night, soak up Singapore night life, before leaving for the airport directly. No stay for me.

Regards,

Panda

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

If I have early morning flight like you, I would not book accommodation the last night. I would take the last MRT to airport and relax in the Aviation Museum located at Level3 Terminal2.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

@PandalovesBear & sambal g

OP has already flew out this morning.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
730 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early morning flight - Changi Airport

lol wondering if OP has landed in London? Hopefully he can come back and tell us the decision he has made