We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

Hi

I`m visiting Singapore on Tuesday 11 June for 3 days from Melaka and want to know what the best way to get to the Perhentian Islands from there is? I have time, but the budget is limited so ANY help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

Cheapest would be by bus. The easiest, most convenient and quickest way would be to fly. Firefly does 4 weekly flights from SIN to KBR on M,W,F,Sun.

Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

Thanks for the fast reply :) checked the flight, 330MYR is waaaay over my budget unfortunately! Would it be cheaper/possible to get a bus from singapore to johor bahru to khota bharu? or easier straight from singapore (but still cheaper than a flight) to khota bharu? Any idea of times?

Thanks again

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,816 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

Firefly is canceling their route to Kota Baru since July 2013.

The recent discussion about similar matter is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k656…

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

Go to Larkin terminal in JB. There are more choices from there than Singapore. Buses depart morning and night usually about 9am and 9pm.

5. Re: Cheapest transport from from Singapore to Khota Bharu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:16