We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
390 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

Is this feasible - or a totally ridiculous idea? My husband spent some time in the area some years ago, and is keen to do this if possible. Having said that - it's a holiday!

Be grateful for any thoughts. :)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,978 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

If you take the first flight out and the last flight back you can have around 9 hours in Bangkok. Remove to the airport and back travel and check in time and you have around 6.5 hours in the city.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

I say, just go spend 2 Nite there :D. I used to do Friday Nite out & Sun Nite back :D

Just pack enuff for that 2 Nite & leave Ur other luggage at the Hotel, since U will be back :D

Edited: 29 June 2013, 10:57
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

Oh my, seriously? That will be such a rush. Totally not advisable unless yoiu are on a mission to get as many countries immigration stamps as possible ;-)

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

I wouldn't bother. You need at least 3 days to see BKK properly, flying in for a few hours does not do it justice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

Nope, I wouldn't advise that. You'll want to stay there for at least a night or two in Bangkok as there are so many things Bangkok has to offer.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
647 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

For what purpose?

The proximity, and pricing via promotions and low cost carriers makes this feasible (like a day trip from the UK to France) - is that what you want to do with your time? Is there a particular highlight that makes such a trip worthwhile?

Bangkok and Singapore are sufficiently convenient to each other that an event at the Thailand Cultural Centre (Bangkok) the Esplanade (Singapore) or elsewhere in either town (ThaiTicketMajor and Sistic are worth looking at for such events in Bangkok or Singapore, respectively). I have done this. But, still, that would usually involve an overnight, as such events are normally in the evening.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
390 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

Thanks for all your input - I think that on the basis we're on holiday - not collecting immigration stamps Happyfeet! - we'll stay in Singapore.

8. Re: Daytrip to Thailand from Singapore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:19