We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

Gladstone, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

My husband and I are travelling around South East Asia for five weeks - first time travellers. We have no fixed itinerary but we are flying into Singapore from New Zealand and thought we'd spend 3 nights in Singapore (before heading north to KL and on through to Thailand). We only want to spend up to $120 a night for accommodation in Singapore. We are not big shoppers but want to see the main sights and love interesting places, people and foods.

Any suggestions for good affordable accommodation in Singapore? Any other advice and suggestions also welcomed.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,876 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

<<We only want to spend up to $120 a night for accommodation in Singapore. >>

1/ For 3 nights in total???? Or 120 per room/ night????

2/ NZD or SGD???

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,636 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

Hi Kate S,

Is that in SGD? That is rather low especially since hotels here are expensive and they are quoted at nett. So you have to add in 17.7% in taxes.

We always recommend staying near the MRT (subway) to allow for easy travel. You may want to have a look at the followings

Parc Sovereign

YMCA @ One Orchard

Grand Chancellor

Porcelain

Soluxe Inn

Tai Hoe

My 2c

Good Luck!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,338 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

Hello Kate S,

If that is NZ$120 per night, that is about Aust$102 or SGD$118 per night. You probably can get a pretty good budget hotel for that, the rooms will be small and there won't be many fancy facilities, but the locations will be fairly close to public transport and many offer free WIFI Internet. Try:-

Soluxe Inn

Perak Hotel

Mayo Inn

Victoria Hotel

Santa Grand Bugis Hotel

Santa Grand Little India

Santa Grand Lai Chun Yuen

Kam Leng Hotel

Gladstone, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

Thank you all for your suggestions, they were very helpful. Your recommendations were great but as I had left booking until quite late, many were not available for all nights. In researching your recommendations, I came across Hotel Re!, which I was able to book for about NZ$150 per night. A little more than I had hoped but it was in a good location for us and worked out well. Thanks again.

Loved Singapore!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,338 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

Hi again,

Yes, Hotel RE looks bright and interesting, and is well priced. They do provide a shuttle bus to get guests down the little hill to the MRT Station. I look forward to reading your review of the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

Do check with them the shuttle service, do they pick up guests from MRT because it is stated as 1 way. That's why they have a site on how you get to the hotel from MRT station.

The hotel is sort of new and 1 side of it is facing the Pearl's Hill park. It is actually situated on the slop of a hill and park. Not sure you could still find world war 2 bunker/hideout in the park, I believe the door would definitely be locked and was even a little stream and tiny little water fall and some fruit tree. I had pluck rambutan (a local fruit) to eat when I was still a little boy running around after school in the park. I just wonder whether they are still there. Sorry, haven't been back there since I left secondary school... many years already.

I am proud of it because Hotel Re used to be my primary school. Only thing is, from the MRT station, it is going to be some walking.

7. Re: Affordable Singapore hotel for three nights for a couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 07:18