We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

mumbai...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

i am planning a holiday with my husband to singapore in december, 2013, i wud like to visit the night safari, jurong bird park n shows, (please mention the time of the bird shows),underwaterworld with the dolphin lagoon, singapore flyer, clarke quay, marina bay sands, skypark, garden by the bay, sentosa island, i am not interested in the rides, so can i visit universal studios just for a walk and the crane dance at night( specify the time n the ticket amt, i heard its 5$, not sure, little india, china town, chijmes, buggis, orchid n botanical garden, thian hock keng temple, shopping,.....reasonably priced stff ....

do i need to stay at sentosa island for 2 nifhts , or can i manage stayed in the city centre, how abt fort canning lodge, please suggest some centrally placed 3 or 4 star hotels too. thanks in anticipation, btw i plan to stay for 6 days or 7 days .

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

For canning Lodge is fine, located in greenary. With you want a bit more buzz around you in the the general area try the Carlton hotel or the Residence @ Singapore recreation club. There is no need to stay on Sentosa unless you like the look of one of the hotels there.

if you don't like rides, there is not need to go to Universal Studios really. The Crane Dance show is free and is outside USS. sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
912 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

First of all, it will depend on your budget which hotel you choose. I would look at choosing a hotel sooner than later. Have a look at Expedia.com, Agoda, Hotels.com etc for hotel prices. www.sentosa.com.sg will give you info on Sentosa attractions , times, prices etc. www.birdpark.com.sg for Jurong Bird Park info. www.nightsafari.com.sg for the night safari info.

Also www.yoursingapore.com is the website that can help you plan what sights you would like to visit...

If you plan to visit Chinatown, Little India and Bugis , these are places to start off your shopping too.

mumbai...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

how will i know what to plan on each day, which attractions can i club together in a day, i have about 6 days, n can extend by a day, if necessary, can u be a little more discreet so as to help me fix my itinery,.

thanx in anticipation.

Ash

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

You need not stay at the Sentosa. You can stay in mainland at little India or Bugis area.

Give your budget in S$ so taht the experts can help you.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,591 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

Hello,

Yes, YWCA Fort Canning Lodge is a good 3 star option. Many of their rooms have been renovated, they offer a good breakfast, there is a small swimming pool, you can cut through the carpark of Park Mall to get to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station, and its across from Fort Canning Park which is a nice spot.

Some other centrally located 3 to 3.5 star hotels:-

YMCA International House, One Orchard Road

Victoria Hotel

Bliss Hotel

Hotel Royal @ Queens

Grand Pacific Hotel

Ibis Bencoolen Hotel

Village Hotel Bugis (formerly called Golden Landmark Hotel)

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel

4 star hotels:-

Albert Court Hotel

Carlton Hotel

Rendezvous Grand Hotel

Dorsett Hotel

Holiday Inn Express Orchard (brand new hotel opening soon)

Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
930 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

Hi,

What is your budget per night? 6 to 7 days will be perfect no of days to visit major things...

Regards,

Kavita

7. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 04:05
Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

These are couple of good places worth seeing.

Universal Studios

SEA Aquarium - you can delete Underwater world.

Crane Dance - no need to see Songs of the Sea

Adventure Cove water Park - if you have kids and like to have fun in water.

Science Center & Jurong Bird park (if you have kids with you)

Garden by the Bay, Helix Bridge

Sands Skypark OR Singapore Flyer.

Wonderfull Light show at MBS.

Singapore Flight Experience (its pricey, but worth it- http://flightexperience.com.sg/ )

Singapore Zoo is quite good and can be clubbed with River Safari. Night Safari is also good.

Regarding show timings, just see the links given by post # 2

For shopping you can head to Little India and Bugis. But I am afraid it will not be very reasonable Viz-a-Viz KL or India.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
912 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

ashas... I would reserve one full day for Sentosa, like everyone else has said, no need to stay in hotel there. A bit expensive to go into Universal Studios if you don't want to go on rides but that is up to you. Combine visiting jurong Bird Park in morning and then do one of your other activities in afternoon ( i.e.. visiting Chinatown or Little India). Probably do the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay on same day as they are near each other and maybe visit the Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands afterwards (they have a good food hall). If you look on the Night Safari webpage they have package prices available if you want to purchase entry to both River Safari and Night Safari. They also do 3 attraction prices e.g.. River safari, bird Park, Zoo.

Still let us know what your budget is for accommodation , we may be able to suggest more hotels for you.

10. Re: help with itinery, choosing hotel,n travel to the places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:05