We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

Mansa
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

Hi

All forum members,

We are three friends coming to singapore on tourist visa ... . my straight question is that Is it mandatory to produce hotel booking at immigration counter in singapore..... bcoz we have singapore tourist e-visa in hand.... onward air ticket in hand ... sufficient funds (3000 US $ each ) in hand...would we need confirmed hotel ...........???

Thanks in advance

Dharminder

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

No, but you need to know the address you are staying whilst in Singapore. You need to write this down on the landing card that you hand to the immigration officer.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

It is not mandatory to produce a paper showing your hotel booking but what if the immigration officer wants to see your hotel voucher? Hotels would also ask their customers to print their hotel booking confirmation.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

why would hotel ask for printed paper? its already in the system... and they are expecting u...

u can always save them in your smartphone if they want to see..

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

Never have been asked to show my hotel booking at immigration. Just had to show my outward ticket a couple of times on short transit when I wanted to leave airport for a few hours.

>>...why would hotel ask for printed paper? its already in the system... and they are expecting u...<<

hi raras2u, actually paper booking or on smartphone is a good backup :p

A few years ago I booked my hotel through a travel website. When I showed up at the hotel them didn't have my booking on their system for unknown reason. Had to find a computer with internet to print the booking to sort out the issue.

Edited: 06 August 2013, 21:55
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,046 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

Hello,

Sometimes some Singapore Hotels ask for my printed hotel booking confirmation and keep it, others just want to see my passport when checking in to find my reservation in their system.

It is useful too if there is a dispute about inclusions, or what room category I have booked, eg. The Carlton Hotel insisted I was booked into Carlton Club Rooms in the old tower when I had booked the newer Premier Club Room in the new wing of the hotel. I provided evidence (my paper confirmation) and they relented. Now its much easier for me to just have my Ipad with me on check-in and show them the digital version of the confirmation if needed.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

If there's a problem with your booking then it is always handy to have a printed confirmation that is why hotel booking sites like Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel and Expedia would highly recommend to print the confirmation page of your booking... it is for the benefit of the customer rather than the hotel. I had several experience that the hotel receptionist is claiming that I have no free breakfast or the extra bed have not been charge to my account etc. and there's no other way to verify other than showing them your booking either in paper or through your iPad or other means that you can think of.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,377 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

Immigration officers in SIN have a RIGHT to ask about your confirmed place to stay at border crossing together with proof of onward tickets and sufficient funds. If you do not stay in a hotel ( say with friends), you have to produce contact details ; address and tel number. That`s the rule for the arrival card filling in.

If you leave the place * accommodation* blank, the office will turn you down.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

I am with huow. I print out everything because I do not trust technology....! Phones can run out of batteries and I have been many places where charging is not a reliable option, wifi is not available or slow and everyone wants to clear immigration as fast as possible don't they?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

Just Take Note that Custom officer have been on high alert after a series of Jail break in some country. So just be prepare if U are question about Ur accommodation etc.......

10. Re: Regarding confirmed hotel booking !!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 05:18