We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traders Hotel

Sheerness
Level Contributor
61 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Traders Hotel

Hi can anyone please help we are staying at the above hotel, I am a little concerned we are now quite away out, can any give me a guide as to the best way of getting into the city, ie bus, hop on hop off bus or how long will it take to walk to the mrt.

thank you

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,307 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traders Hotel

Hello,

I think Traders is in a good location. Its attached to Tanglin Mall which has a supermarket, lots of nice cafes and shops.

http://www.tanglinmall.com.sg/getting-there/

You can also get buses from close to the hotel. you can walk to the Botanic gardens or get a bus to very near the main gates of it. Buses can take you right up along Orchard Road into the City Hall area.

On the link below for gothere.sg, Traders Hotel is marked by the "A" and has lots of transport options around it. It would be about 10-15 mins walk to Orchard MRT Station (which in the heat can be a bit unpleasant), but the hotel does provide a free shuttle bus service to the nearest MRT Station (the concierge staff can provide you with more details when you arrive). Taxis are also easily available from the hotel.

http://gothere.sg/maps#q:traders%20hotel

There are various hop-on-hop-off bus companies. They will all have similar routes, and should have stops on Orchard Road or Botanic Gardens. If you google the name of the one you will be using and there should be a route map on their website, so you can see the closest bus stopoff point to Traders.

Traders is at the end of Orchard Road, but certainly now in the middle of no-where.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,659 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traders Hotel

Hello for firstimer the ideal place to stay would be a place centrally located with mrt at door step. Trader's location is not bad but you have many options closer to a mrt station such the one at city hall (carlton, swissotel merchant court, fairmont, ...).

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
113 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traders Hotel

Hi Smileysylv.

Please don't worry about Traders location. Everything/everywhere in Singapore is easily accessible and buses, MRT and taxis are very clean and efficient and really marvellous value compared to the UK. Traders is in a nice leafy area and just at the top end of Orchard Road, attached to the lovely little Tanglin Mall and close to the wonderful Botanical Gardens. Lots of shops, restaurants and transport links close by. The Hop-on buses stop just up the road and The Shangri-La Mini-Bus (free) also calls hourly at Traders and that will take you further down Orchard Road to major Shopping Malls (Takashimaya) and also calls at Orchard MRT. Have a happy time in Singapore. Ellen

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,221 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traders Hotel

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294265-d302105…

1,122 TA members stayed in Traders hotel and left their reviews on the source.

Level Contributor
2,319 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traders Hotel

We have stayed at the Traders twice and the walk takes around 10 minutes to Orchard MRT station. It is great unless it is raining when you come out of the MRT then not so pleasant but it wouldnt put me off staying at this hotel at all, it is a great hotel, the best pool area we have experienced in Singapore and the club lounge facilities and staff are fantastic. We have chosen next year to stay at the Oasis just because there is an MRT station underneath the hotel which will be convenient if it rains (which it usually does at any time of year we have visited) but we wouldnt hesitate to return to the Traders. It is nice to be away from the crowds of the hotels right in Orchard or Marina Bay.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traders Hotel

You are not that far out - its 10mins to the MRT and Orchard and about 10-15 to the Botanic gardens. Its a good hotel - I've stayed there a couple of times myself.

Although I now prefer Marina Bay and see me rattle on about that area thats a preference generated from multiple visits and very specific requirements built up over those trips and those differences are fairly small in the scheme of things and for a first time visitor pretty irrelevant to having a good time. Its in the nature of how quick to get to particular restaurants and specific patterns of what I do. It would be easy for those preferences to be overturned by someone having slightly different needs (indeed it works this way for a friend who is also a regular visitor who uses Traders all the time). I'd happily stay there again if that was the option presented to me.

7. Re: Traders Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 07:18