We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel occupancy rate in November

england
Level Contributor
512 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel occupancy rate in November

Hello, its me again! Will be arriving in Singapore on 13 November but havent booked hotels yet as I havent finalised my plans. Can any of you experts out there know if that time of year will be a busy time in regards to hotel occupancy please? I dont know if I should book my hotels now or wait till later. Thanks in advance!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,907 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

<<? I dont know if I should book my hotels now or wait till later.>>

orchidluv, hi

November is around the corner, i suggest to book as soon as possible. Nowadays wise planning in advance is a trend, to depend on last minute deals in the most popular Singapore is almost in vain.............

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,347 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

Hello,

Yes, Singapore is busy all year around, so start comparing prices on your shortlist of hotels and grab any deal that looks good to you and fits your budget. This list might help you choose:-

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294262-c198411/Singa…

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

hello orchidluv, you may also check the hotel websites as sometime they offer some promotions like early-bird rates or deal packages like "pay 2 nights stay 3", etc...

england
Level Contributor
512 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

Thanks everybody, I sort of know where I want to stay but cant decide on hotel! Doesnt look like there's any deals anywhere though.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,907 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

<< any deals anywhere though.>>

you can try your luck on

http://www.priceline.com/hotels/startOffer.do?jsk=554a200a504a200a20130826013210b28011598799&plf=PCLH&FromHotelRTLPath=Y&searchType=CITY&cityName=Singapore%2C+Singapore&numberOfRooms=1&cityID=3000040021&checkInDate=11%2F07%2F2013&checkOutDate=11%2F14%2F2013&showRTLWarning=Y

Jurong, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

13 November is just weeks after the Diwali period and lots of tour operators from India prefer this period, hence increasing the occupancy rate. Also there are lot of foreign tourists frequenting SIngapore from Oct-Dec.

So go ahead and book the hotels.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

Hi Orchidluv,

Is the area you thinking of staying in the city? If so pls book early as the hotels there are mostly fully booked towards year end as the in-house sales team are selling the bulk room booking aggressively before closing their financial year.

england
Level Contributor
512 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

Thanks all, very interesting and informative as usual! That Priceline tip is a good idea though I am not brave enough to try the 'bid' deal. Will book my hotels now - found a good deal on Priceline for one of my hotels and will book the other one directly with hotel, sorted!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
47,907 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

<<found a good deal on Priceline for one of my hotels and will book the other one directly with hotel, sorted!>>

Glad to help..........

Toronto, Ontario...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel occupancy rate in November

regarding Priceline.. i'm kinda scared about using that too especially for Singpaore.

Do not wish to land around the Red light district or something haha.

@Schonefeld, what kind of deal did you get if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks!