We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore sightseeing

pune
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
singapore sightseeing

Hi all,

My husband and I along with our 3yr old are traveling to Singapore this Nov'13...we have 5 nights, almost 6days...I would like some suggestions as to how we can visit/see most places in a short time...the things we definitely want to visit are :

sentosa-luge and skyride, sea aquarium, songs of the sea

Night safari

Jurong bird park

Singapore flyer

A hop on hop off tour-wud u suggest duck tours or a hoho bus?

I considered the gosingaporepass at s$129 each..but it offers some attractions we're not interested in...so should I consider buying 3day mrt tkts and attraction tkts separately? What will be cheaper? Pls advise.

Thx in adv.

Rajs

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,524 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: singapore sightseeing

<<so should I consider buying 3day mrt tkts and attraction tkts separately? What will be cheaper? Pls advise.>>

YES, of course, also more practical ...........

New Delhi, India
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: singapore sightseeing

hi,

Even I am also planning for NOV.13 with my 2 Yr Daughter and visiting for the first time. I have 4 N and 5 D to explore and needs the best suggestions for this trip. Pls. also guide, do we need any travel agents services to covere various attarcations i.e. Santosa, USS, Night Safari etc.

Thanks in advance.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,216 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: singapore sightseeing

Yes buy an EZ link prepaid card for using on the MRT and buying tickets separately is usually the best way to go. The Park Hopper ticket ( from any of the ticket booths) is good value if you plan to visit more than 1 from the zoo, Bird Park, Night Safari and River Safari. You can also get combo tickets for the Resort World attractions now (Universal studios, SEA aquarium and Adventure Cove waterpark).

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: singapore sightseeing

@rajs:

Never go for passes like gosingaporepass. They seem to be great bargains if you add up the prices of all the attractions but the catch is that it is impossible to cover the attractions worth the price of the pass within those 2 or 3 days (i.e. the validity of the pass). In Singapore, its best to DIY your sightseeing.

Do buy EZ link cards. However, for most efficient use of your time and the maximize quality time for sightseeing, I suggest that you use taxi for commuting to/from places that are away from the city or ones that are not close to an MRT station. Its best to use taxi to visit the night safari/zoo and bird park. You can definitely fit in all the places that you have mentioned in the 5 1/2 or so days that you will spend here.

I presume you have deliberately left out Universal Studios. You may also consider a visit to the botanical garden (+National Orchid garden). The best time to visit is morning, before it gets too hot. Marina Bay Sands is a good place to spend an evening and so is Gardens by the Bay. You will find information about these places under "Things to Do" menu.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
5,750 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: singapore sightseeing

Hello rajs

If you are using mobile device and are unable to see the Top Questions (FAQ) - Must/See Do in Singapore on the right hand side of the forum, you can simply have a look at this trip list we compiled for our favourite attractions in Singapore.

Singapore Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i36764-Singapor…

This has been helpful to visitors in the recent past. Perhaps there are attractions and activities listed within that will be interesting to you as well.

Good luck with your research and hope you enjoy Singapore.

6. Re: singapore sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 14:35
7. Re: singapore sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 September 2013, 13:05
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,524 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: singapore sightseeing

post # 7 - duplicate posting

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k682…

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: singapore sightseeing

Go with MRahul advice about passes and EZ lnk card.

Do not buy any passes. The generally bundle up good attractions with some not so good ones. You end up paying the price (more importantly wasting time) with not so good attractions. Just buy an Ez Link card, if you like to use the public transportation.

The following is worth seeing in Singapore, my views.

Day time:

Sentosa islands, Universal Studios , Adventure Cove Water Park , Zoo, River Safari, Science Center, Singapore Flyer

Evening / Night time:

Garden by the Bay, Clarkes Quay (Merlion) + Boats Quay, Marina Bay + Helix Bridge, Sands Skypark, Wonderfull Night show @ MBS, Night Safari, River Cruise.

You can also get discounted attraction tickets. PM me if you like to have the details.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,663 posts
5,750 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: singapore sightseeing

Sandy7777

Just go for it. The advice you have above is sound, helpful and if followed - should provide you a very nice holiday in Singapore without need for a tour guide. Best of luck with your travel and hope you enjoy being in Singapore.