We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping advice

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping advice

Hi,

We'll be arriving in Singapore next week and I would like some advice on the best location to buy walking sandals. We are only staying for three nights before flying to kuching so I'd rather not waste valuable time trudging round stores looking for them! Can you recommend the best mall or area to head for where I'll be able to find these at a reasonable price ($50 Max)? We're staying in little India and will arrive at our hotel at about 4pm.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,591 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping advice

Hello,

There is a Metro Department Store within City Square Mall in Little India.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping advice

Hi Kingston34,

Besides Metro as Avanti50 said, there is Charles&Keith as well as other small shoe shops in City Square Mall. Alternatively, you can go to Tekka Centre, 2nd floor, where there are small shops selling shoes tuck in between the apparels and accessories shops, although these may be more ethnic in designs. Depending on the time you get to Tekka Centre, the shops are close in the evenings.

Hope this helps.

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping advice

Hi Nancy and Avanti,

We were planning to have wander around little India once we had got settled at the hotel so that's perfect. Thank you both for your advice.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,591 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping advice

Hi again Kingston34,

As well as that Metro Dept Store, Bata Shoes and Hugh Puppies Shoes are both on level 2 of City Square Mall.

There is also a large Fairprice Supermarket on the basement level, plenty of nice cafes and restaurants throughout the mall, and a Food Republic Foodcourt on level 4 in case you want a meal or to stock up on snacks and drinks.

Have a good time in Singapore.

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping advice

Hi Kingston34,

You can get cheap sandals at the Mustafa Store, which is a landmark in Little India and it opens 24hours.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping advice

Kingston34,

Go to City Square. You'll have a wider choice there. The ladies shoe department in Mustafa is just a small section at basement 1 and the style and design are rather ethnic and very limited. And personally, I find the sandals are rather hard and not pliable.

Edited: 12 September 2013, 14:05
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping advice

Do you mean athletic sandals to go hiking in in Kuching? If so suggest you head to Queensway Shopping Centre where there are plenty of shops selling all manner of sporting goods. If you just need cheap flip flops then go to Bata.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping advice

alternatively u can go to Changi City Point, only one mrt station from the airport. There are Nike, Adidas and Puma outlet stores plus Bata, Charles and Keith, Hush Puppies, Royal Sporting House, etc.. u may see ppl with luggages on their way to the airport buying stuffs there..

UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping advice

Yes I should probably should have mentioned that it's men's hiking sandals for Bako and long days of walking. I will give the options in little India a try and head over to Queensway if I can't find anything suitable.

Thanks for your help everyone. The forums have been invaluable while planning this trip and it's much appreciated!

10. Re: Shopping advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:18