We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
31 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

Hello,

I'd like to get tips on eating-out, wine and massage.

1) Could you please recommend a few local restaurants that are not exactly famous but are really good?

I like all kinds of food, so all cuisines are welcome.

2) Any wine bars or wine tasting bars/places in Singapore?

3) Is there a good massage place that is legit and offers services for a decent price (not sketchy ones, please)?

Any tips will be appreciated.

Thank you!

m

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

1) Could you please recommend a few local restaurants that are not exactly famous but are really good?

===> No recommendation, cos those I frequent are famous, really good & still in business :D

2) Any wine bars or wine tasting bars/places in Singapore?

===> urbanjourney.com/food-and-drink/good-wine-ba…

3) Is there a good massage place that is legit and offers services for a decent price (not sketchy ones, please)?

===> Singapore is expensive for this activities

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,657 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

Hello,

In the "Things to Do" links there are these reviewed Massage, Reflexology and Day Spa places to choose from:-

tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g294265-Activ…

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

The famous thing about Singapore food is of course our hawker food. If you want to try the greats you must be prepared for travel, waiting time and sometime gruff or non-existent service. The reward is amazing flavour at an incredible price. Research required: www.ieatishootipost.sg

The wine bar list from MO is good, I like Batignolle for decent inexpensive French wine, and I have heard good things about Praelum including the food. The owner of Taberna is a serious wino.

For cocktails I also find these restaurants very good (in addition to their amazing food): Catalunya and Burnt Ends.

Massage, yeah Sing is expensive but maybe cheaper than Japan... Try the day spas: expatliving.sg/article/body-style/hair-beaut…

If just wanting massage with less pampering you can also try Qi Mantra (various locations, just google) or Scent Discovery.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

BV, try to go to the next Wine Appreciation Course at Taberna & have a chat with the Owner of Taberna :D......I came out of it feeling very educated...Ehehheehe

And I like O'Batignolles for the same reason as urs :D

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
31 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

Hello everybody,

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

The reason I asked these questions here is that some places only have a few reviews.

So I thought it'd be best to ask on TripAdvisor :)

Again, thanks guys.

Regards,

m

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

I agree with Born Vivant. If you really want to have a taste of great sinapore food, you got to go to the hawker centres.Its cheap yet nice. I normally get my wine from a wine store at albert court or you can try the local supermaket like cold storage.

Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

I love Asia Grand on New Bridge Rd at Bras Basah, excellent chinese, excellent service. very authentic and pleasant.

An Qi Spa nearby on Middle Rd. has wonderful massage, ask for Luna! She speaks english and does a fantastic job of working with you to target problem areas. The business is pleasant and the full staff is vey nice. Luna is always my choice for massage.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,994 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

Robert T, hi

you posted in the stale thread, the OP asked his question on Oct 04, 2013, - MORE than a year ago. the river has flown since then......

9. Re: Dining-out, wine and massage in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2015, 05:16