We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoteal finalization

Hyderabad
9 posts
Save Topic
Hoteal finalization

Hello TA member, thanks for all the input so far. I have zeroed in on the following hotels. Let me know if anyone has experience staying here or advice on picking one over the other. The first two are the front runners. Both in location and rates. I plan to stay with family for 7 days here.

1. Somerset Liang Apartment (TA 65) - Location!!!http://www2.somerset.com/en/singapore/singapore/somerset_liang_court/apartment_types.html

2. Rendezvous Grand Hotel Singapore (TA 58) - Location!!!!

3. Innotel - (TA 70)

4. Swissotel Merchant Court (TA 32 ) - Location!!!

Thanks

Nara

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,961 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoteal finalization

Hello,

I love Rendezvous Grand and have stayed several times. The location is excellent. Walking distance to either Bras Basah or Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station. Lots of food options nearby. You can walk up Orchard Road in one direction, or up to Raffles Hotel and City Hall area in the other direction. Very handy bus stop right outside the hotel. Nice area. There is some construction for the new MRT Underground train line in the street beside the hotel, but I find it doesn't bother my stay. I just request an internal room overlooking the pool.

I have also stayed at Innotel, and titled my review "Budget, Not Boutique". I wouldn't stay again, even though the location is good, being 5 mins walk to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. Not a lot of facilities at the hotel, and I found the little breakfast area off the Lobby rather inadequate. The beds are comfortable, but I hated the bathrooms. The vanity basin for hand washing is outside the shower area.

Never stayed at Swissotel Merchant Court, but some of our regular forum contributors love it, and will probably reply explaining their vote for the hotel.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoteal finalization

Hello,

Somerset Liang Apartment and Swissotel Merchant Court are in Clarke Quay. Clarke Quay is quiet during the day and only comes alive one evening. Stayed at SMC and found it ok. The hotel has an outdoor pool that would be a good point for your kids. Also the SMC is just right a mall and Clarke Quay station: very convenient.

Rendezvous hotel and Innotel are in Dhoby Ghaut. Stayed at Rendezvous and find it ok. Liked the location as I could walk Bugis, Arab street and Little India. Orchard road is also close.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoteal finalization

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k6897…

4. Re: Hoteal finalization

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:18