We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this sound?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
138 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
How does this sound?

Hiya

I've popped in a few times and got amazing advice from the regulars and Experts on the SIN forum. I'm still mucking around with hotels for our 10 nights stay. Husband is determined to spend the entire 10 nights in Singapore, not a few days away elsewhere. So we decided to bite the financial bullet and do a few days in Sentosa.

I've managed to get a quote for a very good rate at the Moevenpick in Sentosa for the first three nights we are there. The SL Rasa is sadly out of my budget and my husband really likes the look of the heritage rooms at the Moevenpick as we can get interconnecting ones. Is the Moevenpick good for kids (we have two six year olds) and should we take the breakfast option up? The breakfast option is a further $100 SIN for four pax. Is there anywhere closeby for alternative breakfast options that would be cheaper?

We are looking at 7 nights in either Clarke or Robertson Quay in an bedroom apartment. I really need a washing machine and that means an apartment as far as I can see in Singapore. Which is a better location in terms of being quiet?

Thanks for your time.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this sound?

Is the Moevenpick good for kids (we have two six year olds) and should we take the breakfast option up? The breakfast option is a further $100 SIN for four pax. Is there anywhere closeby for alternative breakfast options that would be cheaper?

===> The Moevenpick is a Nice Hotel with kids (IMO).....Been there to eat once :D

Read review here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294264-d547087…

==> Dun eat breakfast in the Hotel, there are great breakfast place around Sentosa. Or U can take Sentosa Express train (located directly opposite the hotel) to Vivocity Mall & Breakfast there.......

===> However, If U like to try Hotel breakfast, maybe U can choose the Breakfast in hotel for just the first night.

Clarke Quay would be just nice (U dun hear much even if there is the Party watering hole right across etc)......And at the same time U just short walk to the Nearest Clarke Quay MRT Station.

Good Luck

Edited: 21 October 2013, 05:13
Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this sound?

We had breakfast included when we stayed at the Moevinpick and it was nice but expensive if you have to pay seperately. Our upcoming stay doesn't include it so we have been looking at options as well.

There doesn't appear to be much open for breakfast on Sentosa other than the Hotel buffets and most of Vivo City doesn't open until 10.00am so I don't know what cafe's might be open before then.

If you are planning on going to Universal Studios you might want to look at the Sci-Fi City breakfast.

rwsentosa.com/language/…BreakfastAtSciFiCity

The Heritage rooms are spacious and have a seperate area with a couch and small table. You could bring some food with you to the hotel or buy it from the 7/11 which is very close to the Hotel so that you can have a light snack first thing in the morning.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,598 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this sound?

<<We are looking at 7 nights in either Clarke or Robertson Quay in an bedroom apartment. >>

Somerset Liang Court or Fraser`s Place.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this sound?

Where for BreakFast on Sentosa? Here's some:

www.sentosa.com.sg/en/dine-shop/dining/

And Bakery & Cafe like Bread Talk & Toast Box open as early as 8am :D

There is the McDonald 10m from Toast box too,

Remember "One Never go Hungry in Singapore" Just wat U like to eat :D

Have Fun

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
332 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does this sound?

If it is just you and your husband, I would say skip hotel breakfast & search for multiple options you have around you. But with kids along, breakfast in hotel is extremely convenient. Over my last few years of overseas trips with kids I have come to value in-house breakfast as once the kids (and adults too) have eaten a hearty breakfast, the day gets easier, more so if you have fussy eaters. I have also realized that whenever we have a breakfast package, we are able to start sightseeing earlier. When I look for hotel reviews, I also check comments about breakfast. If budget permits, it might be worthwhile going for breakfast option for the 3 days in Sentosa rather than searching for places in the morning (hot weather does not make it easier). You have rest of the day & dinner time to try other food options.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
138 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does this sound?

Thanks guys. I swear I've spent more time looking at hotel bed configurations in Singapore than any other holiday I've ever had. Gone are the days I'd sleep in a tent by a freight railway on a backpacking holiday now I have children (and yes, one is a fussy eater but his idea of heaven is an 'egg station'). My husband has now discovered the Family Rooms at Swissotel MC, which could be an alterative to the apartment. Only problem seems to be lack of a washing machine. Can you get a load done at the SMC at all and is it a reasonable price?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does this sound?

U are on a Direct MRT (Clarke Quay Station) To Boon Keng MRT Station.

Right outside one of the Exit at Boon Keng MRT, there is the 24hr Self service laundrymat that is cheap.

U can read this TA Thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k638…

U can google Street walk for an idea. It very easy

Cheers

Edited: 21 October 2013, 10:08
8. Re: How does this sound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:19