We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice...

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotel choice...

Hello all, I seem to have decided on my hotel after some studying. I have opted for royal plaza on Scotts, which has brilliant reviews hence why I have chose it, now the choice is between superior room and deluxe room which vary by around 20 SGD per night, which for me is 3 nights so 60 SGD, only different I have found is that the cheaper is on the lower floor and most expensive higher floor, question is why such a price difference, worth paying etc..? + would appreciate comments on my hotel choice, thanks

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice...

Sorry just to add between deluxe and superior price difference is approx 100 SGD not 60 sgd thanks

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,311 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice...

The higher floors have some sort of views out of the windows. The lower floor superior rooms are mainly at the back facing a service road and the back of neighbouring buildings in close proximity.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,420 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice...

Hello,

The view from the higher category rooms isn't that exciting - I find most rooms there have dim lighting, dark colour furnishings, and I looked out on an alley (but I really wasn't in Singapore to sit in my room and look out the window). I slept so well there with comfy beds and good blackout curtains. You could go for the cheaper rooms and save that SGD$100 for sightseeing or food and drinks.

I would only pay extra there if it was for Club Rooms and access to their Club Lounge.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice...

I booked there Thursday. Take advantage of their $5 breakfast pp. You need to book direct with the hotel to get the deal. I booked a club room.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice...

If the difference is only SGD 20, then I say opt for deluxe! Splurge while you're on holiday!

6. Re: Hotel choice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 04:17