We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Malaysia Singapore

Karachi, Pakistan
3 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Malaysia Singapore

I am planning to go to Malaysia and Singapore for honeymoon at the start of December 2013. My plan details are :

first 3 nights in KL

Then 3 nights in langkawi

2 nights in Penang

and last 3 nights in Singapore

Total 11 nights

My budgeted estimate is 1980 USD(total) which includes hotels, traveling and attractions (excluding my ticket from my country to Malaysia and return)

Please suggest is the plan ok or I have other option to increase my tour period and go to Thailand instead of Singapore considering the same budget.

Edited: 03 November 2013, 18:48
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,391 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

Hello,

that is a lot of moving around - travelling and changing hotels within an 11 day period. I would just choose 2 places (Singapore and one Island) and spend more time in each so you can relax and enjoy your honeymoon.

and, congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

hello, as the same thoughts as Avanti50: 4 destinations for just 11 nights is a bit much as it involve a lot of time in transport, packing and unpacking. You may consider only 3 destinations max, ideally 2 destinations: e.g. Langkawi and Singapore.

Singapore is can be expensive regarding accommodation but has a lot to do & to see within a compact city. Food is very affordable though if you stick with the ubiquitous food courts and hawker centres.

Malaysia and Thailand are much more affordable regarding accommodation.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,494 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

I would skip Penang and add those days to Langkawi and relax by the beach.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

I would skip Singapore and do Bangkok because your budget won't stretch that far. Be aware December is high season so start booking air tickets and accomodations. Check budget airlines such as AirAsia, Jetstar, Tiger for travels within South East Asia. The earlier u book the lower the price. But be aware once u book budget air tickets u can't change schedules without incurring hefty penalties.

Karachi, Pakistan
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

Thanks for the advice, I am planning to skip Penang. First I decided to go by bus from penang to Singapore now I will increase one day in Langkawi and one day in Singapore. Further I think I should directly go to Langkawi first then KL and from KL to Singapore via Bus.

Is it OK.

Also please advice if I stay in Singapore for 3 days what are the attraction entry fees for following and where could I can them on low rates :

Day 1 : Merilion park, Jurong bird park, Gardens by the bay, Singapore Flyer,

Day 2: Orchid Garden, Batonic Garden, ZOo, night safari

Day 3 : USS, SEA ACquarium

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,391 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

Hello again,

No fee to see the Merlion, its right on the harbour for anyone to walk there and wander around and take photos. No entry fee to the Singapore Botanic Gardens either, though in the middle of the gardens is the National Orchid Garden which is Sgd$5 per adult. No entry fee to the Gardens by the Bay, just walk around, but if you wish to visit one of the special domed Conservatories, or walk on the OCBC Skyway, do an Audio tour or get on one of their little shuttles then there are extra charges for those.

You might want to Google each of the attractions you listed and find their webpages and details of entry fees and special prices will be displayed there. Or use the search box at the top right side of this Tripadvisor page and search for each one. That will take you to its listing with reviews, photos and links to their websites.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

Hello,

Consider buying the ParkHopper ticket for the Zoo, Jurong Bird Park and the Night Safari. This website will give you an indication of the prices. Also check prices at the respective attractions' website.

asiatravel.com/en-us/…singapore.html

Good luck

8. Re: Trip to Malaysia Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:19