We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

Perth, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

Hi everyone, just trying to narrow down my hotel choices. Could anyone please advise which is the better of these hotels? Also as we are accommodating a child in the room, does anyone know what size the single beds in the RPS are? The rooms come king or 2x singles. Are they actually single beds or double?

With many thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

Both are good hotels in excellent locations with many shopping and food options nearby. Royal Scotts Plaza is at Orchard Road while Fairmont is at City Hall/ Marina Bay area. I guess Fairmont has a slight advantage in being directly above the MRT. Given a choice, I would choose Fairmont.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,529 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

Fairmont is a way better hotel. And under 12s get a free rollaway bed on request ( request by email after booking as 2 adults). RPS was a Holiday inn before rebranding.

RPS however should have much cheaper room rates and cheap or free breakfasts in the deal.

Perth, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

Great, Fairmont seems to be the favourite,thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,055 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

Faimont : for room quality, LOCATION, and service level.

Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
573 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

if money is not the question Fairmont without doubt.

6. Re: Royal Plaza Scott/Fairmont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:18