We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Topic
Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

Hi, I think its a very common question , but a little advice will be helpful.

I have planned my honeymoon in Singapore for 8 nights . I would like to know which will be better , if i stay in Singapore for all those nights or 5 nights in Singapore and 3 nights in sentosa ... well my visit is during new year eve ... I am really confused... I have a budget of around 2000 SD for stay .... your tips and advices are welcome. ... i would also like to know which place are worth visit in Singapore for honeymooners :)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

Your budget will go a lot further on the mainland. Most of the accommodation worth staying in on Sentosa will run you $350-400 per night at that time of the year. Otherwise 5/3 would have been a good split if you wanted to have a relaxed leisurely or spa type stay for 3 days away from the hustle of the city.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

I've never been a fan of swapping hotels, I'm too lazy and time is at a premium. Time is better spent enjoying, what is a relatively short stay, in the hotel you start with, be it on Sentosa or the city.

Certainly the city hotels will be better value, (cost considerably less) and be generally more convenient for exploring the city, saving on time going backwards and forwards to the Island (Sentosa) plus your budget of two grand will afford you most of the ''better'' hotels in the city.

That said, if you want to ''flop'' around doing precious little in one of the spa hotels on Sentosa, then yes, Sentosa is a great place to stay.

It's all a matter of what you and your wife/husband wants from your trip. Personally the city is our choice.

Congrats on your forth coming nuptials, have a great time in Singapore wherever you decide to stay..

Edited: 15 November 2013, 21:39
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,193 posts
1,623 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

I would stay in the city but for a honeymoon, it might be worth pampering yourself in a good hotel in Sentosa for a few days.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

With SGD2000 for 8 nights, you should stay in Singapore. As Mankster pointed out, hotels in Sentosa cost at least SGD400 a night. However, you may want to consider splurging on 2 nights in Capella (Sentosa) since it is your honeymoon.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

I would certainly suggest you to split 3+5 days.

Alternatively I can also suggest you to start your HM with Langkawi for 3 nights and rest 5 nights in Singapore.

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

Hi all Thank you very much !!! but still confused 0_o .

During new year is there any special events in Singapore and secondly if i am staying in singapore for 8 nights , what do i have in my itinerary ( tourist spots ) and when ? can any one provide some details for how do i plan my trip ....

Are there any passes which will give me entry to all attractions ? or a comobo pass ? hop on hop off tours like Dubai ?

Some guidance on the Universal studio will also be helpful like is one day enough ?

places to stay ( area) ? places for good food ( asain , italian ) .

and lots more ... :) I have read some may things that its has congested my brain :P

anything u put on this wall is very helpful .. thank you again all of you

Mumbai (Bombay...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

correction:

places to stay ( area) ? places for good food ( asain , italian ) .

and lots more ... :) I have read so many things that its has congested my brain :P

anything u put on this wall is very helpful .. thank you again all of you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

I recommend staying in Marina Bay area as most of the tourist attractions are concentrated at that area. Having said that, hotels in Marina Bay area are more expensive. If budget does not permit a hotel in Marina Bay, get a hotel above any MRT. That way you can get around Singapore easily as the MRT gets you to just about anywhere in Singapore.

What will be in your itinerary depends on what you want to do or see. Universal Studios can be done in 1 day. Places for good Asian and Italian food are aplenty. Depends on your budget. Asian food is very a very general term... are you talking about Chinese, Malay, Indian, Singaporean, seafood, Japanese or Korean?

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

If you read the FAQ's on the right side, you will gain a lot knowledge and it will de-congest your brain.

If this is your first visit I would suggest you to see following places.

SINGAPORE GOOD PLACES .

Day time : Sentosa islands, Universal Studios , Adventure Cove Water Park , Zoo, River Safari, Science Center, Singapore Flyer

Evening / Night time : Garden by the Bay, Clarkes Quay (Merlion) + Boats Quay, Marina Bay + Helix Bridge Sands Skypark, Wonderfull Night show @ MBS, Night Safari, River Cruise.

You can stay at any place in Singapore as the city is very well connected with MRT and lot of cabs also available. Generally people prefer Orchard Road, Marina Bay, Little India, Bugis Jn., etc.

Lot of varieties of food available at all places.

Edited: 16 November 2013, 14:41
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I stay in Singapore or Sentosa?

U can find example of other people Trip report to help U plan; under "Top Questions About singapore" with link in the following Topic: (Top right hand corner)

Visiting ________________________________

Visiting > Trip reports (1)

Visiting > Trip reports (2)

Visiting > Trip reports (3)

Ofcourse, if U are still confused, U can always opt for the easier way out by going to ur local travel Agent (Cos Tripadvisor does not operate as a Travel agent). Save U the headache & dun have to do the research by Urself.

Otherwise, those Information by all the Volunteer & many Tripadvisor Singapore Forum user are very helpful to u.......

Good Luck

Edited: 16 November 2013, 14:44