We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

Hi,

I am travelling from India to Bali via Singapore in January. While returning i have a 27 hours halt at singapore. Is it possible for me to a get a transit visa at changi Airport. My intention to visit singapore is just siteseeing purpose.

Also while onward journey i have only 5 hours of layover time so i am hoping that spending time at the singapore terminal wont require any Visa even though i have connecting flight with different airlines.

India to singapore: Air India Flight(onward and return)

ingapore to bali: Tigerair (onward and return)

Please let me know if someone has any inputs. thanks in advance.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

There is no visa on arrival for Indian passport holders in Singapore, if you need one then you have to arrange it in advance,

There used to be a formal visa free transit facility for Indian passport holders for 72hrs for this kind of thing but this was withdrawn a few years ago, but many sites still list it as available. Some Indian passport holders have been able to obtain this facility on an ad hoc basis and reported it here. However, this is NOT guaranteed and entirely at the discretion of the immigration official because it is not a standard formally expected option. We have had at least one poster describe their problems when relying on this facility being available and being refused. Their luggage was held up, they had problems connecting etc. You do not want to to happen to you

And so you should not rely on a discretionary and non-guaranteed special case request attempt when your flight pattern needs you to pass immigration.

You are using a budget airline and will need to pass immigration in at least one direction of travel. Air India is a full service airline and so does make use of Changi airside connection service. This means that when you arrive and Changi are are connecting to an Air India flight then you will be able to remain airside if the flight is less than 24 hrs away. More than 24hrs is a stopover and so will also require immigration. However the flight where you are arriving in Changi and then going to the Tiger Air flight does not have this option. You will have to pass immigration collect baggage and check in for the Tiger flight landslide and this will need a Singapore visa.

Given that you require the visa one way and many Indian passport holders are reporting easy access to multiple entry visas for Singapore, my advice is organise a multiple entry visa and quickly. This then means that you are free to use any time you have in stopovers and transfers by visiting the city because you have the right documents

Pune, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

Thanks myrm for this crucial information. I have still 1 month to go so i will try to arrange singapore visa in advance.

Also i would like to know that what are the best places to visit in Singapore knowing that i have only 24 hours to spend there. Thanks.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,688 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

Thee are a number of regular here who are Indian passport holders who can probably tell you the best way to get a visa organised.

As to the best to see in 24hrs, this is essentially too personal to answer. My must see list for Singapore is around 7 days long, and you will find similar lists from most of the regulars. Anything that is on all the must see lists that people mention on threads here (do a search for 'must see') will be a good major attraction and worth seeing. My advice is pick something that interests you most, allocate enough time to see it properly and do not rush to squeeze lots in in a vain attempt to see all the best things in 24hrs....it's not possible so a far better option is to see a good thing, or couple of good things properly in that time. If you want to see a variety choose a number of smaller places, if you are happy to focus spend a day at a big attraction

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,806 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

<<o i would like to know that what are the best places to visit in Singapore knowing that i have only 24 hours to spend there. >>

1/ tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294265-Activiti…

2/ yoursingapore.com

5. Re: Regarding Transit Visa at Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17