We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sentosa for a day with a three year old

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sentosa for a day with a three year old

Hello!

We are heading to Singapore in February with our 3 year old and I'm just planning a bit of an itinerary. Travelling with a child is a lot different than travelling as a couple! Anyway...

We'd like to visit Sentosa for a day - can anyone recommend the best things to do/see?

And the best way of getting there? We will have a stroller for him so walking is not really a problem. Is it worth taking the cable car one way? We are staying at the Swissotel Merchant Court.

I'm not sure whether he might be a bit young for USS, or is it really worth a visit?

I've been having trouble getting on to the Sentosa website for some reason but will keep trying - I just thought someone may have some personal experience to share.

Many thanks

Edited: 28 December 2013, 14:22
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

Maybe a Nice time in Adventure Cove Waterpark + SEA Aquarium is a good Option with ur 3Yr old:

Some Blog on Marine Life Park & Adventure Cove Waterpark:

http://dejiki.com/category/theme-parks/mlpr/

…blogspot.sg/2013/11/adventure-cove-singapor…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294265-d3…

Sentosa for Kid Blog:

cheekiemonkie.net/2013/…sentosa-for-kids.html

And with a 3 Yr old, the Cable car ride is a WOW Experience. U can find out how to take the Cable car roundtrip here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k689…

I think it better not to go USS with ur 3 yr old this trip, cos there are height restriction for rides etc......And 3 yr old is not at the age where they know how to appreciate USS in my opinion.....

Come back visit us again when he get older & then USS is an Options.

Sentosa website is currently down (Maybe down for Maintenance :D)

Cheers

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,725 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

Hello,

Another Sentosa option for you to consider is the Port of Lost Wonder.

http://www.polw.com.sg

tripadvisor.com.sg/Attraction_Review-g294264…

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,925 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

Hello,

This link will help you with transportation over to Sentosa -

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

You can walk across the boardwalk, it's $1 each to enter, Monorail is $4 across to Sentosa but free within Sentosa, and it's free going back so you could go boardwalk there and monorail back for $1 total each. The cable car is quite expensive as I remember.

Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

Hi!!

We went to Singapore with a 3yr old (and older kids). We didn't go to USS at that time as we couldn't get tickets so spent the day at Sentosa. Sooo much to do. We took monorail round, went in the luge and chair lift, hung around the Silosa beach area for nice lunch+play in the sand+play in the water spouts, walked up the hill via the super-cool mosaic river (that the kids played in) to the cable car (seeing the big merlion statue). Took cable car back. Was a fantastic day!!

They loved it so much they wanted to go back last trip too!

They also loved the night safari and going up the marina bay skypark.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

I love Sentosa, when I arrive in the country I usually try to head to Sentosa first thing.

I hope this blog post will give you some ideas:

…wordpress.com/2013/…

7. Re: Sentosa for a day with a three year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2015, 06:19