We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Claiming back GST query ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Claiming back GST query ?

We are eligible to claim back GST after making some largish purchases while in SIngapore. My query is, we leave tomorrow for the Philippines but we also come back to Changi on the way home. Can I claim back either time or only tomorrow when we leave first ?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Claiming back GST query ?

By right you cannot claim on good you bring into Singapore, even if you purchased them here some time ago. So I would would claim on you way out to the Phillipines.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Claiming back GST query ?

Hello,

I had same situation like you few days back. I purchases a 5.3K Nikon DSLR in Singapore. Then I went to Malaysia and return back to Singapore again for my final flight back to home. I claimed GST on my way to Malaysia and it was so easy. If you ask for the GST refund slip in the store it will be easier for you to claim the GST. It won't take long to process the GST. I recommend you to claim on the way to Phil.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
417 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Claiming back GST query ?

Ok thanks yep have the electronic slips already - better be safe and just do it on the way there

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Claiming back GST query ?

I am sure that you won't have problems. Carry the purchased items with you as they will ask for inspection.

Good Luck!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,847 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Claiming back GST query ?

Just arrive at Changi Airport 2 hours before your flight to Manila and you will have more than enough time to claim GST refund.

6. Re: Claiming back GST query ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19