We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

nirtak99
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

Hello,

I am flying with my family from Singapore on China Southern. Our flight is at 8am, but since we will be coming off the ferry at 10:15pm I thought the easiest thing to do would be to go straight to the airport and stay at the transit hotel. China Southern says they allow early check in up to 24 hours before, but there is an * that says "Some airlines have early check-in service that may close early. Please check with our customer service officers for more details." So, I have no idea if it is possible to check in at around 11pm at night. Anyone know how I can figure that out for China Southern?

My follow-up question is if we can check in, can I make a reservation at the transit hotel without an arrival flight? I saw on here someone suggested just making one up, but I want to know if anyone has tried it and if it isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,996 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

Anyone know how I can figure that out for China Southern?

===> Call the Airline Singapore Office Directly. Usually the staff from their Office will be there at the Airport during the Check in, so they are the one who can advise U:

China Southern Airlines

Enquiry Hotline : 62233233

Business Address : 133 Cecil St #01-02

My follow-up question is if we can check in, can I make a reservation at the transit hotel without an arrival flight?

===> If U check in & Got Ur Boarding Pass, Yes U can proceed to the Reservation.

I saw on here someone suggested just making one up, but I want to know if anyone has tried it and if it isn't a problem.

===> If U cannot check in & get Ur Boarding Pass, dun even think about making anything up, cos U not going to Get thru the Security - where they check Both ur Passport & Ur Boarding Pass :D.........

Cheers

Edited: 22 January 2014, 01:46
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

I called Changi customer service and was told the counter would be open since there are no specific operating hours stated. Closing early means they may close check in for a flight earlier than the typical window before a flight departs (eg 2h instead of 1h).

If you wish, you can call your airline to confirm

China Southern Airlines - 133 Cecil St #01-02 Singapore | Tel: 62233233.

Do you have luggage that needs to be checked in?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,526 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

>> can I make a reservation at the transit hotel without an arrival flight?

No one cares. Pick a flight that arrives that day if that makes you feel better.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

Yes they only ask for your flight number so they know if the flight is delayed or cancelled you won't be turning up.

nirtak99
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

Wow, thanks for all the replies everyone, you are all great. Thanks especially to Minxbaby for calling customer service, you rock! We will have a bag to check in. We try to travel light, but we usually have liquids and with 2 small children it is easier to check things in so we have free hands to carry them if need be.

I submitted a reservation request, so will hopefully find out soon if they have space.

6. Re: Early Check-in and Transit Hotel Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:38