We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit

Kent
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit

Hello there,

my husband and I are hoping to go back out to Singapore in May for our anniversary. We have been a few times and done the normal tourist attractions but this time we would like to go 'off the beaten track'. We have visited Palau Ubin and gone for a bike ride is there other things to do ?

Thanks

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit

Hello DESK29,

Have you done Gardens By The Bay? Not sure when you were here last, but GBB was opened in 2012. And there is the River Safari which was opened late last year.

If you are an outdoor type, since you have done Pulau Ubin, what about continuing with all the other nature parks and reserves. You can also cycle round the island via the Park Connector Network.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294265-Activiti…

www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php…

My $0.02. Hope this helps.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit

Oh.. forgot to mention. What about doing a walkabout around a residential area? The area of Tiong Bahru is s good place to start a walkabout.

nhb.gov.sg/NHBPortal/…

Cheers

Kent
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit

Hello SingaporeNancy,

Thank you for your help, we was over last August, did do GBTB and the River Safari (walked around as boats were not up and running) will defiantly look @ the links for the cycling but would also like things that are not as strenuous (not as young as I used to be lol)

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit

Well, how about enjoying a lazy day on one of the southern islands?

sentosa.com.sg/en/…

Kent
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit

Oh yes, I fancy that, it may be obvious but am I reading the ferry right - can we go to St Johns then onto Kusu and then back again to the mainland ?

6. Re: Places to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 19:40
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit

That's the ferry route. MS - St Johns - Kusu - MS

And here's the ferry schedule

www.islandcruise.com.sg/ferry-schedule.html

Personally, I have never visited both islands in one day so not sure if you can go to shore when the ferry reaches Kusu Island. Imo, ferry schedule does not allow enough time to explore both islands on the same day.

My $0.02.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit

Thank you so much for your help

Kent
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to visit

Update- thanks again for the help, we did do the ferry trip to St Johns and Kusu in one go, we went on a Sunday as that was when more ferries run and spent time on both islands.

10. Re: Places to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:15