We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

length of stay and immigration process..

5 posts
Save Topic
length of stay and immigration process..

Hi. This is my 1st time to go out of country. I am just concerned of what i always heard that it is not easy to pass @immigration because of some certain interviews esp when going to SG. Need some tips of what would the best thing to do. Il go there with my bestfriend for a tourist visit and also my sister is working there and invited us to give a visit.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,447 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: length of stay and immigration process..

You are a Philippine passport holder, arn`t you ?????

manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: length of stay and immigration process..

@Schonefeld - I have the same suspicion, but allow me (also a Philippine passport holder, by the way) do address some issues the OP said "between the lines".

@Mae Amor O, If you are a legitimate visitor, you shouldn't have issues. Being the first time overseas traveler, I believe your issues will be at your port of exit (Manila, if my suspicions are correct) as there are (and I have been witness to them at MNL's immigration points) already some profiling going on for individuals who are at risk to be going overseas to work illegally or are victims of human trafficking. If your intention is other than a visit, please do not even think of boarding the plane out of MNL. If you are a legit visitor, you don't even need the invite letter you mentioned in a separate thread. Just your hotel booking (I've never been asked to produce this in my 10+ visits the last 3 years), return ticket (not been asked to show it either), passport, and immigration card.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: length of stay and immigration process..

I am an Indian and traveled 12 Countries. Till date no where any immigration officer has asked any question. Singapore is a tourist friendly island-City Nation. No one will ask any question. it takes hardly a minute to get your passport stamped and clear immigration. Do not worry at all. you should have all papers with you. gud luck and best wishes.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,832 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: length of stay and immigration process..

You are entitled to a 30-day viss free stay in Singapore. If there will be any questioning it would be at NAIA rather than when you reach Singapore. Normally immigration officers in Manila just want to know your job or profession so bringing a company ID is a good idea. If you can support your visit abroad you don't need any document other than your passport.

Edited: 12 March 2014, 16:16
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: length of stay and immigration process..

Hello,

The immigration officers are very friendly, friendly than in my own country. They respect tourists. Be normal and you will be fine!

6. Re: length of stay and immigration process..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:17