We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Dear experts,

I am planning to visit Singapore with my family for 3/4 nights. Apart from accomodation, how much money should one carry for budget trip. we are a family of 4

Request expert advise

Thanks and best regards

Balram

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Hi, we just came back from Singapore 3 nights with family of 5. We stayed in budget accomodation that we had prepaid. We ended up spending aprox $2000 Singapore dollars over 4 days. This included 3 zoos and breakfast and lunch at the zoo (this was an expensive day), the Singapore flyer, marina sands, raffles (scones and tea also not cheap) and botanic gardens in front of marina Sands, ice skating in the mall there for the kids (spare of moment thing), the cable car up Mt Faber and to Sentosa and the aquarium. At night we ate at cheap restraunts in Little India and China Town. Hope that gives you an idea.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Oh we did the Singapore Flyer in there somewhere as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Depends on where you go, eat and shop. Usually, the advice is $100 per person per day. Some days will be more and other days below that.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

I have been here 5 nights already, I have spent around S$450 and a lot of that was on food. Buy yourself EZLink card which will save you 2/3 of what you would be charged on taxi fares. You can get from Sentosa to Marina Bay via Chinatown for something like S$2, whereas a taxi will cost you about S$8.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,391 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Since you are a family of 4, taxi can be economical if split among the 4. For food, if you eat at hawker centres or foodcourts, it should not be more than $10 per person per meal and often below that. Restaurant meals start from $12 onwards. I wouldn't advise buying the ezylink card (which has a $5 non-refundable fee and $10 minimum top up) due to the short duration of your stay.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 10:20
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Balram73, hello

1/ SIN is quite expensive from the accommodation point of view, when your hotel is booked everything else will fall into 100 SGD/ person/ day budget= local transport+ meals ( casual, nothing posh etc) + sightseeing+ souvenir shopping.

2/ if you need a suggestion for hotel etc, please tel us know your budget/ room/ nigh????? Hotel booking is a must for entry to SIN, visitors may be asked at immigration to show the proof of booked accommodation and onward tickets.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Thanks minxbaby for your guidance. I hope SG 450 should be enough for food for 4 days for 4 of us

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
908 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Hi, don't know the price of snack food in your country, but we found it expensive, nuts chips biscuits sweets etc. so with 4 children I would bring some of the above with you if you like snacking.

Cheers Carole

Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Dear Carole,

Thanks for the valuable advise, we like snacking and will carry some

best regards

Balram

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
908 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I am planning to visit Singapore on a holiday for 3 nights

Your more than welcome, only transport and local food is cheaper in Singapore than our country, but a beautiful place for holidays, friendly people and lots to do for free, example light show at MBS, loved it,

Cheers Carole