We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Hello There,

Am going HongKong from Chennai on April 1st connecting in Singapore via tiger airways. In HongKong it is going to be ON ARRIVAL visa. While booking the website says i do not need a transit visa for Singapore as my connecting time is less than 8 hrs and it was included in the itenary. The page on tiger airways also saying the same...

www.tigerair.com/in/en/tigerconnect.php

Am not going to exit transit area as well.

But i was confused with few people here that i need to get a singapore visa. Can some one tell me is that must ? if it is... is it possible to get it within one day (31st March) in chennai ? Also tell me the procedures i have to follow in singapore airport to make a proper connect and the stuffs i have to note down if any.

Edited: 29 March 2014, 14:36
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

If you confirm you have TigerConnect, you do not need a Singapore visa.

Tigerconnect passengers can, upon arrival at Singapore Changi Airport, simply collect boarding passes for their onward flights at the transfer counters located at the transit area, Transfer E.

Make sure you do NOT clear immigration or else you will have to collect your luggage and check in again.

Read all the FAQs on TigerConnect

http://www.tigerair.com/sg/en/faqs.php

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Hello minxbaby,

Thank you for update. I used makemytrip.com to book my ticket. At the time of booking it was said if the connecting time is less than 8 hrs it is included in the flight ticket... my connecting time is 4 hrs only.

This page also tells the following ... www.tigerair.com/in/en/tigerconnect.php

For flight connections under 8 hours, airport transfer has been incorporated in the flight purchase for hassle-free transfer.

So hopefully i just need to carry my booking PDF only on airport isn't it ?

Edited: 29 March 2014, 15:23
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

I'm not familiar with Make My Trip but if both your flights are with Tiger/its partners and you book them under one, then I believe it is as you said. Is your booking process similar to this:

flystaytravel.com/using-tigerconnect-with-ti…

Make sure you have the required documents for HK VOA.

…chineseconsulate.org/eng/…t180027.htm

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Thank you so much minxbaby for your valuable info. I just checked my booking in tigerair.com and found the airport transfer was not specified. I just use manage booking option in the website and added the TigerConnect for 31.5 USD to my tiket and now my itenary shows i was eligible for visa free transit in singapore airport.

Thank you so much !

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,571 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

sjranjan,

don`t worry, you`ll be fine... and TRAVEL safely!

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Hi sjranjan.. I am presently facing the same trouble. However I am unable to retrieve my booking details on the Tigerair website using the reference ID given in the Makemytrip ticket. Can you please let me know how you did it?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,571 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

<< I am unable to retrieve my booking details >>

try to check them on

checkmytrip.com

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Hi nirajayn,

I was too felt panic that time about it. But actually i made myself comfortable by paying extra 32$ for tiger connect with my makemytrip.com booking.

I wrote about it in my blog here... so that it may helpful for anyone facing similar problem.

josephranjan.com/transit-in-singapore-withou…

I also mentioned where to check your booking info etc... it may help you... Don't worry it will be easy as i felt the same in the end.

Thanks,

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Hello there. I thought of having my concern asked in this thread.

I'll be travelling from Philippines to Vietnam via TigerAir, with layover in Singapore. I have the airline's Airport Transfer service for that matter.

My question is, is there something I need to prepare or bring for my transit in Singapore? Something like some Singaporean dollars at hand to pay for compulsory airport fees? Or any kind of travel documents?(Philippine passport holders don;t need visa to enter Singapore)

Thanks in advance.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,571 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do i need Singapore visa using Tigerconnect ? Going to HK ..

Ethan L, hi

1. if you stay airside during your Tiger connect time, you do not pay any airport fee etc. The only money you need is to have tea/ coffee/ meal etc, and only if you fell you need one. Airside all currancies are accepted, together with credit cards.

2/ <<Or any kind of travel documents?(Philippine passport holders don;t need visa to enter Singapore)>>

YES, ASEAN passport holders do not need a visa to enter SIN, and passport is an important document for international travel.