We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

I would appreciate your advice on my itinerary. There is just my husband and myself.We would be arriving in September. It is in no particular order I'm hoping I have things grouped correctly

Chinatown/Colonial District/Clarke Quay

Little India/Sim Lim/Arab Street/Bujis/CHIJMES

Botanic Gardens/Gardens by the Bay

Jurong Bird Park/Asia Pacific Brewery/Raffles Marina

The other things we are interested in doing/seeing

Singapore Zoo and River Safari

Kranji War Memorial and Changi Museum /Changi Village

Fort Siloso

Sentosa Island - probably 2 days

Pulau Ubin

Any thoughts,changes or additions would be most welcome

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,048 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum. Just a couple of things about your grouping.

Chijmes is in the Colonial District/City Hall area.

What do you mean by "Raffles Marina". Do you mean Raffles Hotel which is in the City Hall area. Marina Bay Area is centred around the Harbour with sights like Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, The Singapore Flyer, Merlion Statue and Esplanade.

Also, SIM LIM Square. Unless you really know what you are doing with electronics shopping, it's a place to maybe avoid. See the warnings about it in our Top Questions section links (down the right-hand side of the page).

Which dates are you looking at in September? The Singapore Grand Prix motor race is on that month and hotel prices skyrocket. Are you coming for the race? Have you booked your flights/accommodation yet?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Thanks for your reply. It is the Raffles Marina - we are looking at having dinner at the Discovery Pub. Will drop Sim Lim Square.

We are traveling in the first two weeks of September and at the moment looking a staying at the Perak Hotel.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,048 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Hi again,

The Grand Prix starts on the 19th September, so coming in the first half of the month would be good if you are not interested in the race.

Perak Hotel is a nice little place.

In Chinatown, you might want to visit The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, and across the road from it is Maxwell Road Foodcentre. It's a great Hawker Centre.

www.gothere.sg is a handy mapping site we recommend to help you get directions, see where MRT stations and bus stops are, and it gives you all public transport options and approx costs.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Hi mrs6 10 days is a nice long stay in Singapore. You have a good list on your itinerary. The SEA Aquarium is definitely worth a visit. I've posted about it from my trip last year. Definitely go to the zoo and the river safari is next door. That would take most of a day to see the zoo and river safari. Gardens by the bay is not close to the botanic gardens but taxis are so cheap and get you places quickly. The MRT is great too and very cheap.

Chinatown is good fun, go in the late afternoon then eat on Smith street (food street)

Have a great trip!

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Kranji and Changi are opposite ends of the island really. You can pair Kranji memorial with a nature reserve, such as Sungei Buloh which is only a short walk away. That way, you could actually skip Pulau Ubin, as Sungei has some of the same wildlife and nature (although it is more urbanised obviously - no wild boars there!).

The zoo and the River Safari are also within the vicinity of Kranji (well, sort of) so you could take a morning visiting the memorial and then hail down a taxi from outside the Kranji MRT station to take you to the Zoo. When you are there, consider buying a park hopper ticket which includes the Bird Park, and you can do this the next morning, which is where the Tiger Brewery is also located (Jurong or thereabouts). There is nice Chinese and Japanese Gardens also nearby to Jurong, where you can spot lovely waterways and architecture, as well as the odd lizard crawling out of Jurong Lake.

Also, I must say that Botanic Gardens are nowhere near Gardens by the Bay. Consider visiting Botanic Gardens alongside a lunchtime stroll down nearby Orchard Road - and have a lunch in the one of the shopping centre food courts while you're there, such as at ION. Gardens by the Bay and the entire Marina Bay area, which theoretically could include everything alongside the Singapore River too if you have the energy, should be left for a whole day. IMO, Marina Bay is the ultimate happening place in Singapore, and a walk around there, day or night, is an amazing feeling.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Thank you so much everyone for your replies. I will definitely take in everything and make adjustments as needed. I really appreciate your help

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,048 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

Happy to help. I hope you have a great trip to Singapore.

8. Re: 10 days itinerary - have I got it right?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:16