We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Hi

I'm traveling to Singapore in a few weeks and was wondering if someone could tell me the best way to get to Innotel Hotel?

The hotel has contacted me offering a private transfer for 2 people 25 euros. Is this worthwhile or is there a cheaper way to get to the hotel, which is not to complicated?

Many thanks in advance!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,325 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

There are taxi stands in all terminals and for half the price of what your hotel offers I think taking a taxi would be your best option.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,984 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

A taxi from the airport will be around S$22-24 inc surcharges.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,686 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Depending on what time you land will determine the cost of the taxi. If you land at ''peak' time travel'' you will incur a 25%- 50% premium on the $20-$22 fare.

http://www.taxisingapore.com/taxi-fare/

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Hi, Changi airport is well organised and it it very easy to grab a taxi at the taxi stand. Queuing is pretty fast.

Notice to the taxi dispatcher you want a regular taxi (limo like are slightly more expensive). All taxis run on meter.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,329 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Hello,

Just be prepared for a taxi driver not to know where Innotel is. When I stayed I had to keep directing drivers there as it's a nice little hotel tucked away in a narrow one-way lane.

You may get in a taxi at the airport and the driver knows it and you won't have an issue, but maybe have a bit more detail on hand just in case eg. Either look on google maps and search for Innotel Hotel and just print out the small map section showing where it is and have that with you, or tell the driver Innotel Hotel, Penang Lane, (it's near Park Mall, Penang Road).

Great location for this small hotel, and the beds are comfortable. Enjoy your stay.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,279 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

the list of transport options to/ from airport is here:

http://www.changiairport.com/getting-around/to-and-from-the-airport;jsessionid=BA9DEFFBB21AF33A02B774A4548F7799

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Thanks everyone. I will take a map with me. I will be landing at 7.30 am

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Is that the midday flight from the UK? If so make certain you sleep the second half and if you cannot actually sleep then rest, eyes closed without being tempted by the extensive entertainment system. That will help kick the body clock to Singapore time - the last thing you want on a short trip is a few days of full on jetlag, a night to recover from the exhaustion of travel is much easier.

Also with an early landing, again you want to be active all the way through the day or you risk getting hit with jetlag - so get to the hotel, drop the bags and go and keep busy till the evening. It can be hard to push yourself like that but falling asleep middle of the day isn't a good idea.

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

Yes its the midday flight from the UK...

Will try yo sleep on the airplane but it's not easy to rest on an airplane :)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,279 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get taxi from Changi Airport to Innotel Hotel

<<Will try yo sleep on the airplane but it's not easy to rest on an airplane :)>>

My music, my lyrics..........LOL