We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Kent
Level Contributor
914 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Hello All, I have had help on here before and hope someone is able to help me again please. After visiting MacRitchie Reservoir Park we had planned to grab something to eat at the Long House on Upper Thompson Rd and was wondering if we had to leave from the main entrance or is there a short cut. We will probably visit Bukit Brown cemetery after so we would not want to wander too far. Thank you all in advance

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

If you are going to the treetop walk, going via Venus Drive would be quicker to Long House. There are a few buses there and it's a few stops away. Download the NParks treetop guide from the link below and you can follow the path 1-7.

https:/…TreeTop_Walk_eguide_LRes.pdf

From Long House there are a few buses that can take you to Bukit Brown cemetary. Use Google Maps or www.gothere.sg for directions and public transport routes.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 15:28
Kent
Level Contributor
914 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Thank you for the info, I should of said we will be walking the Prunus Trail, as much as I would llove to do the treetop walk I don't think my old legs would make it

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

If you're doing the prunus trail then the main entrance is where you need to go. There are no shortcuts. There are buses that can take you to Long House and Bukit Brown cemetery. The reservoir is situated in between these two locations.

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Please note, Long House will be closed forever on 20 April.

mothership.sg/2014/…

Kent
Level Contributor
914 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Thank you both for the information, we will be there after the 3rd May so it looks like we will have to find an alternative place to eat, open to suggestions :)

Singapore, Singapore
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Nearest food centre to Mac Ritchie will be Adam Road Food Centre.

tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g294265…

Kent
Level Contributor
914 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Thank you, looks like that the one we are going to do, looks really scrummy

Kent
Level Contributor
914 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

Update- we went to Adam Road food court and enjoyed a lovely meal, quite a few stall to choose from.

9. Re: MacRitchie Reservoir Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:15