We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High standard no-frills business hotel???

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
High standard no-frills business hotel???

I have stayed over and over at the Pan Pac Marina Sq. However, after paying 580++ S$ recently for a room which I only use for a few hours at night, I decided to find a hotel of high standard with a nice pool. I dont need a spa, gym, business centre, several restaurants and an extensive breakfast buffet.

Is there such a place like no frills but high standard (work desk, clean rooms, toiletries, slippers).

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

hi, what about the Traders, Swissotel Merchant Court, Novotel Clarke Quay or RendezVous hotel?

Also you may check Naumi a boutique hotel behind the Raffles: high end hotel with modern rooms, a small infinity pool on top of the building, a small bar next the pool, nice view over the city at night. Standard rooms have narrow small desk so you need to book upper rooms for a larger desk...

Edited: 09 April 2014, 20:45
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
18,925 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Hello,

I can add these -

Carlton City Hotel, Gopeng Street on the edge of the CBD (its the sister hotel to the Carlton on Bras Basah Road)

Oasia Hotel

Dorsett Hotel

Parkroyal on Pickering

3. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 21:43
North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
5,110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Didn't see the ''nice pool'' bit so I requested to ''remove my post'' It's my age, I'm past it.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
297 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Hi,

Suggest you have a look at the Parkroyal Beach Rd, my partner and I have been using for over 30yrs.

Great pool suitable for laps, adjacent bar, good desks, good club floor with the usual pm drinks and snacks and breakfast.

With the development around Arab St and Haji Lane it's getting very trendy.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,496 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Parkroyal on Pickering

SWiss TS

Fairmont

Park Regis

Fullerton Bay

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

The 'no-frills' is rather subjective, and it can be hit and miss when you add in 'high standard' in the same set of criteria's, as it can on occasions not go hand in hand. As you've mentioned the previous rate at the Pan Pac, I assume in this instance, that the value vs facilities is fairly high on priority.

Great suggestions above, and of those I'd say Swissotel The Stamford, and Fairmont are the most suitable corporate properties for your needs.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,518 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Apologies, that last sentence is supposed to read "the more suitable properties to meet your corporate needs", not "corporate properties" - as they aren't exclusively corporate hotels as such.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Tks for all suggestions. I will work my way through some on the list.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,671 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High standard no-frills business hotel???

Or you could stay at the Pan Pacific and $279++ by shopping around for a better rate.