We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2d/1n itinerary

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2d/1n itinerary

Me n my wife will be in singapore for a 2 day stopover. I need suggestions for the top n must see places. Also pls suggest a nice place to stay for a night. My budget for the hotel is around $150. I don't want to spend time in travelling to attractions much.

Some places which I have identified are night safari, flyer and SEA aquarium. Yet to find out the order of visit.

Thank you!

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Hi RagRam,

What time will you arrive/ leave?

The Night Safari is not in the city and SEA Aquarium is over on Sentosa. Both places will require some travelling time but with our public transport and taxis, it should not be a problem. ;). Since you are here for 1 night, then that will be for Night Safari.

Is that S$150?

Have a look at the following:

V Hotel Bencoolen

YMCA@One Orchard

Big Hotel

Santa Grand Bugis

J8

Perak Hotel

Good Luck.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Hi SingaporeNancy,

Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for the hotel suggestions. We will be reaching around 7am, Sunday and have to be back in Changi next day around 7pm as we have to catch our onward flight to Tokyo.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Hello again RagRam,

Anything else go you would like to do?

yoursingapore.com/content/…experience.html

tripadvisor.com.sg/Attractions-g294265-Activ…

Are you into gardens? If you are, the Gardens By The Bay is perfect for a Sunday morning visit. Start off with the outdoor garden before making your way to the conservatories. After which you can go for a spin around the Singapore Flyer. The Food Trail is at the base of the Flyer if you feel peckish and require sustenance. Then may be go back to your hotel for check in and some rest so that you will be fresh for the Night Safari .

Next day, check out from your hotel but leave your bags with the concierge. Go to Sentosa and visit the SEA Aquarium . After that make your way back to Chinatown via the MRT. Have lunch at Chinatown either at Maxwell Foodcentre or the Chinatown Complex. Visit the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and the Chinatown Heritage Centre. Follow that with a drink at Raffles Hotel before going back to your hotel to pick up your bags and making your way to the airport.

If you need to freshen up before your flight, you can use the shower facilities at the airport for a small fee.

www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/home.html

http://www.btrts.org.sg

http://www.chinatown.sg

http://www.smrt.com.sg/Trains/NetworkMap.aspx

changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgen…

My $0.02. Hope this helps.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Thanks a lot SingaporeNancy..

Thats a clear itinerary for the whole 2 days!!

We have been hearing about the laser light show and my wife is pretty interested about that! :)

I checked the yoursingapore link and found it is at 8pm on sunday. Is there any thing which can fit in the 3-4 hour gap on Sunday?

5. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 17:31
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,029 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

If you intend to visit Night Safari (7.30pm to midnight), you probably don't have time for the light show. If you intend to forgo Night Safari, you can explore Gardens By the Bay in the evening. It also has a light show called Garden Rhapsody at night. You can take a 40-60min river cruise in the evening or at night or take a leisurely walk around the bay to the Merlion Park, Esplanade, Helix Bridge, MBS etc.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 17:29
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Thank you the suggestion minxbaby. I guess we have an itinerary now :)

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Friends, how about IBIS hotel at bencoolen street.

Are the attractions easily accessible from this place?

Thanks in advance!!

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Hi again RagRam,

Yes, the attractions are easily accessible from this hotel. If you are going to the Night Safari, I would suggest that you take a taxi as it is a fair way out of the city and the MRT does not go there. IBIS Bencoolen is in a good location, near to Bugis, and there is a bus stop just in front of the hotel with buses that can get you to Orchard, Chinatown and Marina Bay.

Read the hotel reviews here

tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g294265-d122…

The reason that I did not mention it earlier is because it is not within your budget.

My $0.02. Hope this helps.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2d/1n itinerary

Hello again SingaporeNancy, thank you so much. Yes ibis is slightly more than our budget but the place looks good. We have decided to stay there!

Thanks again!!