We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changi airport only for a visit?

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
changi airport only for a visit?

Hello, I was wandering if it is worthwhile and possible to visit Changi airport and actually see something of it without necessarily flying to/from/through it? Are all the beautiful and interesting parts of it only in passanger areas (after they check-in etc), or are you able to walk around the best parts of it´s terminals ? Thank you.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changi airport only for a visit?

Hello Malalutka,

Most of the interesting and beautiful parts are at the airside. But, imo, Kinetic Rain sculpture which is at the departure hall (public side) of T1 is worth a visit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jhP9n6WvVfQ

Others include:

https:/…

changiairport.com/at-changi/entertainment-li…

changiairport.com/at-changi/…the-slide-t3

changiairport.com/at-changi/…interactive-art

And there may be other displays/ installations depending on the season and promotional programmes that are on during your visit.

Cheers!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,310 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changi airport only for a visit?

Malalutka, hi

Have you been bothered with the city itself ???? The Changi airport is indeed an example for the rest of the world but city attractions are worthy a LOTS more to check......

By the way if you are from Slovakia, you have to FLY to SIN, haven`t you?

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changi airport only for a visit?

SingaporeNancy thank you very much :) Schonefeld for your information, my Singapore trip is only a part of bigger trip to Malaysian peninsula and I will actually arrive to Singapore by train from KL, really haven´t found it important to include this info into my previous post ;).... well and of course I will check all the other attractions around the city! my 3 days itinerary for Singapore is crazy full actually :) but as we will be accomodated quite close to Changi and will probably have few spare hours between arriving to the area and being able to check-in to our hotel I was looking for some comfortable trip close by (and we simply looove airports and heard many nice things about Changi)..thanks for your interest anyways :)

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,310 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changi airport only for a visit?

Malalutka, you are most welcome...

That`s what i actually suspect - a side-trip from MAL.... I wish you to enjoy SIN the most and TRAVEL safely!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,048 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changi airport only for a visit?

Many consider Changi Airport as a destination in itself. Airfare from KL is cheap if you really want a Changi experience.

6. Re: changi airport only for a visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:17