We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

How much is the cost of the breakfast buffet at Pan Pacific hotel per person? I can't seem to find it on the website and I am trying to compare rates. The last price I found was about 30-35 SGD back in 2010. Thank you for any help!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,641 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

Just over $40 inclusive of taxes per person the last time .

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

40 SGD or 40 USD? thanks for the help!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,641 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

Singapore dollars.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
55,892 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

hatsuchi, hi

Usually if the brekky is not included into your hotel rate/offer, buying it on the spot from the hotel is a poor deal. Outside breakfast options ion SIN are much better/ smarter thing and value for money.

OR

book a rate with breakfast, it`ll be a better option than purchasing per person.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,348 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

>>>I am trying to compare rates<<<

Id be real careful.

As Schonefeld has pointed out, its a fallacy comparing rates with and without breakfast - then comparing the *retail* cost of breakfast. Hotels have an internal costing called a 'Package Split', and its approximately (varies from hotel to hotel) 30% of the advertised cost.

As an example, the average Package Split in NYC for a 5 Star hotel currently is between USD$9-13.

By looking at a room rate without breakfast, then looking at the advertised cost of breakfast, then comparing it to the inclusive rate, isn't an accurate measure of value. The inclusive rate covers the internal cost of the breakfast, and when broken down correctly, you're actually paying a slightly higher room rate.

I would absolutely take the great advice about eating out - especially in a city with fantastic breakfast options.

Edited: 22 May 2014, 02:07
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

I would skip the hotel breakfast, walk to any hawker centre and order some authentic kaya butter toast with eggs. This will cost maybe around $3 - $4. Much much cheaper and you get to taste authentic Singapore breakfast!

7. Re: Pan Pacific Singapore Breakfast Buffet Cost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:15