We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb Question?!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dumb Question?!!

Hi

We are considering a day in Universal - but heres the problem - we are in our early 60's and want to know if we are too old for it!!!

Have been to Universal in Florida 15 years ago And had a great time on the rides and the movie lots etc - but then had the excuse of teenagers with us!!

Cant seem to work out from the web site if Singapores Universal is aimed at very young children - is there much for oldies ?!!

Thanks

TB

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,605 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb Question?!!

Hello,

Gosh, early 60s is not old. You are only as old as you feel.

A lot is directed at children and families, it's that kind of attraction. But if you enjoy the atmosphere, rides and want to have a look around Sentosa then why not. You could head to Vivo City Mall at Harbourfront for a meal and shopping, and walk over to Sentosa via the Boardwalk, or go on the Sentosa Express monorail.

Here are the recent reviews of USS -

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294264…

You could also visit S.E.A. aquarium while there.

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294265…

Edited: 07 June 2014, 22:08
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb Question?!!

Naw, it's not a dumb question at all. We've had some genuinely silly questions on this forum but this definitely isn't one of them.

Good thing for seniors is that USS tickets are half the price. You may not be doing the more rigorous rides but there are shows and mild rides which you can go for.

Shows:

Monster Rock

Lights, Camera, Action

Water World

Shrek 4D adventure

Rides:

Madagascar crate adventure

Accelerator

You can check out the rider safety guide for more information.

www.rwsentosa.com/LinkClick.aspx…

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb Question?!!

We were in our 60s and had a GREAT time at USS, until that is, I went on the ''Battlestar Galactica'' ride, which happily is no longer. Actually it's not the rides fault, but mine for thinking I was a kid again. Her indoors said I was a fool to go on it, she was right......... AGAIN . LOL

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
1,627 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb Question?!!

I would be very surprised that age should be an issue. These parks are literally designed for people of all ages.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
912 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb Question?!!

On my last visit To Universal Studios Sentosa, I saw lots of people in their 60's lining up for rides. You will enjoy the day !

Pulau Ubin...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dumb Question?!!

Not exactly latest info but in this case, youtube is your best friend. Watch the vdieos and decide for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uss+singapore

London, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dumb Question?!!

Thank you all for your input - certainly made me laugh !!! and we will be paying a visit and trying out all we are able to climb into !!! Not bothered about getting out again!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
797 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dumb Question?!!

Hi, go for it, my 50 year old daughter talked me in to Transformers, best thrill, would have gone another round but waiting time was long, so get there early ,

Cheers Carole

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dumb Question?!!

Not to worry. My mum who is in her mid 70, enjoyed very much when we visited two years ago.

However, the weather can be very hot and humid, just make sure you keep yourself hydrated.

10. Re: Dumb Question?!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16