Planning on a 9D/8N SIN tour sometime next month (late July). Five Adults (including myself, my mom(65+), my sister, her hubby and their 17yr. old son). Basically I am planning the tour myself, trying to keep it on a budget. I have been reading many reviews from fellow travelers here and find it very very useful. Thanks and kudos to all the contributors.
I am stuck at choosing a right budget hotel for our stay. That way I can invest more on our tours and food. Also my mom and sister can go on a shopping spree without the worries of burning my pocket.
Few points I would like to consider:-
1. Glass-walled bathrooms are a BIG NO-NO.
2. Free WiFi (in rooms also).
3. Free Breakfast (more than just the usual toast/eggs if possible).
4. Nearby MRT (Good for Airport-Hotel-Airport and other attraction accessibility)
5. Nearby food courts and shopping malls/street is a plus (Maybe something around Chinatown/Bugis area).
6. Budget around SG$150-SG$170 per room per night (Anything lower won't hurt me, if everything else is good).
I am guessing, I will be needing 2 rooms (2+3). Apartment type accommodation option (all 5 in one place) is also on the table, provided its around SG$300/night.
I tried many original websites for the hotels, some had special discounts, but most don't have that. And considering that I will be staying 8 nights, a discount deal surely is desirable.
I am from India, but I don't want to stay anywhere near Little India area, as I want to travel Singapore, so I have no problem eating food other than Indian. I can come back to my home country, to see more of India :)
This would be my 2nd trip to Singapore. My 1st was more than 10 yrs ago, by myself for 2 days on a transit halt from Sydney. One day was spend in day tour, and the other in Sentosa (old style).
Anyways, maybe I am too picky here with my hotel preferences, but I am sure many of you would help me out here. Awaiting for responses.