We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Carribean or Star cruises

Ahmedabad, India
1 post
Save Topic
Royal Carribean or Star cruises

I am planning to visit Singapore with my wife during december. I would love to do a 3 or 4 day cruise but i m confused which cruise should i go for Royal Carribean or Star Cruises. Also would prefer Indian food on board. But more importantly wanna enjoy the shows on board. Please help.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Carribean or Star cruises

Royal Caribean cruises tend to be more sophisticated and attract people who have cruised before. Star Cruises offering are aimed mainly at the Asian market, and is marketed almost like a package holiday resort, rather than a cruise. There will be more local food on a Star Cruise. Lots of Gambling goes on on Star Cruises as gambling in restricted in many Asian countries.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
2,987 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Carribean or Star cruises

This should help.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k5479…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Carribean or Star cruises

Hi Chin_May,

I've been to both, Royal Caribbean nd Star Cruises. If Indian food is your concern, go for Star Cruises, they have a good spread of Indian cuisines. On the hand, Royal Caribbean is US based company, they do have Indian food but not as generous as Star Cruises.

What ever your decision, wish you a pleasant cruise. smooth sail ahead!!!

4. Re: Royal Carribean or Star cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17