We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa and hotel for 20 hour layover at changi

Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
visa and hotel for 20 hour layover at changi

Im flying in on the 28th Saturday at 11.45 on Singapore airlines and flying out on Sunday 29th at 8.25 on air India. Do I need a visa to go into the city? Should I book a room at the transit hotel or just a 5 hour bed - its 50% cheaper! More importantly can I spend 20 hours at changi itself? Ive been to Singapore before and im sure ill be terribly jetlagged.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa and hotel for 20 hour layover at changi

You have pretty much a whole day, so I would go into town and a spend a day in Singapore. The ICA website www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_overview.aspx… mentions which nationals need a visa on order to request a social visit pass at immigration to enter Singapore.

Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa and hotel for 20 hour layover at changi

Thanks Mankster. I got my visa now and so I will head into town. It's a saturday evening but sadly I have an early flight out - so might have to cut the revelries short. Haha. Any suggestions on what to do? I dont want to go shopping!

Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa and hotel for 20 hour layover at changi

Thanks Jerot, I have also found a friend to watch the world cup with that evening! That makes for a wonderful evening and I agree that Changi is quite a good place to catch my breath before the next leg of the journey. I did like the massage chairs on my way to SFO last week.

4. Re: visa and hotel for 20 hour layover at changi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:17