We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy days - Itinerary Help

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Rainy days - Itinerary Help

Hi,

My parents (abt 60 years old) plan to visit Singapore in a few days, especially when the raingods are having fun!

They cannot walk for more than a mile at a stretch and are on a budget. My mom loves gardens and is excited to see the numerous nurseries/gardens. Just a few questions for experts here:

- Does it rain all day in S'pore? Is there a way to visit the gardens still?

- Other recommended things to do for older folks?

- Are there any good tour companies that my parents can avail services for a day or two to see around the main spots?

- Where can they go for good, cheap food?

- Best places recommended for shopping?

Thank you very much!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,348 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy days - Itinerary Help

Hello,

There is another question on the forum today about rain -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k…

A lot of your questions can be answered from our forums Top Questions section. Scroll up towards the top of the page and TQ links are all down the right-hand side. There are articles and links on Sightseeing > What to See and Do, Singapore for Seniors which outlines some discounts and mobility issues for older visitors, there is also a section on Local Dining and cheap and delicious foods at Hawker Centres and air-conditioned Mall Foodcourts, and some information on Shopping. Plus plenty more on taxis and public transport, airport transfer options etc.

In the Singapore for Seniors article there is a link for Gardens by the Bay and their little shuttle service which visitors can ride in around the Gardens if walking distances is a problem.

A recommended local tour company is RMG which has several day tours -

rmgtours.com/daily-tours/singapore-tours.html

Once you have had a read through some of the Top Questions please pop back onto the forum if you have any specific follow-up questions.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,348 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy days - Itinerary Help

Hi again,

This might also help them plan some cheaper interesting sightseeing if they are on a budget -

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g294265-c201796/Si…

As for shopping, is there anything particular they are looking for, or just a few souvenirs of their trip? Let us know and we can suggest specific places.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy days - Itinerary Help

take an umbrella

all Singapore is a garden

that is why I go there

the new garden at the bay is amazing and there are places to get out of the rain

if you get wet it is still warm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
233 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy days - Itinerary Help

I highly recommend visiting Gardens by the Bay. We spent almost all day there. Use the shuttle service, there's a small fee for a return trip. The two domes are amazing. Before we went in, we stopped at a cafe to have a light meal. We spent a couple of hours in each dome. There are places to sit and enjoy the beauty of the displays and gardens. The shuttle service finished at 4pm?, so keep this in mind, particularly if your parents are tired.

When we went, we planned to sit and eat an early dinner in Marina Bay Sands and return to the Gardens in the evening for the light show. However, it rained about 5pm and we were too tired to stay on. We have the light show on our list for next time.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,593 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy days - Itinerary Help

Hello, they may ride a hop on/hop off bus to tour the city, have a river cruise.

Asian Civilisations Museum and National Museum are interesting to visit.

For food they should go to food courts and hawker centres: they will find there cheap and great local foods.

6. Re: Rainy days - Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16