We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Perth - Singapore - Koh Samui Duty Free question

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Perth - Singapore - Koh Samui Duty Free question

Hi everyone, I have tried to find an answer to this question but I'm just getting confused. We are flying from Perth to Koh Samui via Singapore - we get off the plane at Singapore and more or less immediately board a flight for Koh Samui. My question is where do we buy our duty free alcohol without paying anything extra? I'm not even sure if we have to get our bags in Singapore or they go straight through to Koh Samui. So do we buy in Perth, Singapore or Koh Samui? thanks in advance

Singapore
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Perth - Singapore - Koh Samui Duty Free question

Whether or not you have to collect your luggage depends on the airline(s) that you're flying with. Some airlines have interlining agreements so your luggage will be checked through to your final destination. Otherwise, you'll have to go through immigration and re-check in. One option is to ask your airline.

Not sure what you meant by "paying extra". Prices of duty-free liquor in Changi Airport is very competitive so you'll be assured you're getting good value. There's definitely a lot more variety too since a lot of passengers pass through Changi and shop there as well.

Hope this helps.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Perth - Singapore - Koh Samui Duty Free question

I have more or less the same question? Can I buy my duty free whilst awaiting my connecting flight? It looks like its heaps cheaper than Aussie duty free.

Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Perth - Singapore - Koh Samui Duty Free question

Hi nads68 and Linda,

The answer is Yes. IMO, Singapore alcohols will be cheaper than Koh samui. As Melvin suggested, best to check with your arilines, the norm is the baggage will be sent all the way to Koh samui but I believe you can get the drinks, provided you are fast enough.

You can get them at most of the airline terminals 1,2,3 and can order online.

www.ishopchangi.com/Default.aspx…

4. Re: Flying Perth - Singapore - Koh Samui Duty Free question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16