We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

perth
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

Hi whilst searching on trip advisor amoma and get a room came up on the search are these safe to use? I've used Expedia, hotel club etc without issues.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,416 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

In terms of existence, AMOMA is a relative new comer to the industry. There are far far more reputable and established OTA with greater presence in Asia

perth
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

Thanks for your help. How about getaroom?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,416 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

Getaroom is a reseller, who I would avoid at all costs. I suggest you go to the Bargain Travel forum, and use the search box. You'll find dozens of threads about this site.

My recommendation is to use the mainstream websites available in Australia, such as Wotif, Booking.com, Agoda.com, and Expedia.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,745 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

I would go to google website and type in the phrase "amoma reviews and complaints" and see what comes up, same for getaroom. You can then read many pages, including many Tripadvisor forum threads on people's experiences with these companies.

If something is extremely cheap compared to other more reputable booking sites then I would avoid.

perth
Level Contributor
66 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

We booked a hotel in Charleston, USA using Amoma - we live in the UK. Nowhere in the address of the hotel on the Amoma site did it say which state the hotel was in. In the UK we are only really aware of the Charleston in South Carolina. Because Amoma do not say in the hotel address at the top of their page which state the hotel it is in, we booked one in Charleston, USA - the address Amoma listed. When we turned up in South Carolina, we found we'd booked a hotel in Charleston, WEST VIRGINIA. Marriott found us a room in the right Charleston - but we still had to pay for the West Virginia booking. Amoma refuse to acknowledge their error - blame us and have kept our money.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,770 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

Phil P, hi

thanks for the very informative post, it`s timely to solve the OP`s dilemma! My point of view: free cheese is only in the mouse-trap!.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

Booked a room at Ritz Carlton Singapore using Amoma due to the deep discount.

The confirmation was for a twin room. Needed to change it to a double room. Left a message in Amoma system and it's changed the next day. Really surprised.

Due to the many bad reviews I call the hotel to check the reservation. It's in Ritz Carlton reservation list. So I'm very please as of now. ;)

Will update again if the stay went smoothly.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

I have to say that Amoma realised their mistake with me - after a lot of chasing up - and did issue a full refund.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is amoma and get a room safe to use?

We managed to check-in to Ritz Carlton without any issues. So Amoma is legit. =)