We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Delhi
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Hi,

I have prepared the following 4 day plan for my Singapore trip in Mid August (13 to 16).

Any comments & suggestions on the below itinerary?

DAY 1

* Arrive at 7:30 am

* First tings First - Buy Sim cards for our Mobiles for ease of connectivity. I am hoping these can be obtained from Airport ? or from Malls .

* Reach my Mandarin Orchard Hotel. Unfortunately their check in time is 2:00 pm, but given the location this is a small sacrifice to make. So spend first few hours exploring Orchard Road-Have meals at Food Republic nearby.. I have heard great reviews.. Good chance for us to explore various cuisines .

* In afternoon after relaxing up a bit , Visit Merlion and nearby areas, Close evening at Gardens by Bay and watch the night light show at the gardens and Head back to Hotel.

DAY 2

* Full day at USS starting 10:00 am (not opting for Sentosa as USS seems busy enough)

* Question.... does USS have Trams like in Zoo for covering distances? This would help my Mother who is traveling and has trouble walking long distances with us else, I will check is Wheel chairs are feasible at USS.

* Go for Singapore Flyer , if we are not too tired.

*Explore more of Orchard rd in night ...Not sure till what times Malls are usually open.

DAY 3

* Early morning visit River Safari by 10 am, Mainly for Pandas and

* Then spend time till about 3:00 pm at Z00

* Go to Little India by 4:00 pm and spend rest of evening there. Want to See Mustafa center as well as this seems to be a 'must do' in little India.

DAY 4

* Early morning visit Jurong Bird park by 10:00 am

* By 3:00 pm Visit Gardens by Bay for Cloud Forest and Flower Dome

* Maybe something else to squeeze in by end of day

DAY 5 - Fly back home with sweet memories

Let me know if anything Interesting that I am missing and should include.

Thank you

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

4 days in Singapore is a short period and you will have to manage your time properly. I suggest that you must roam around sentosa and at least watch the beach show "wings of times". Its a must do attraction and people of al ages would love it.

Dont worry about the transportation in sentosa. Its all free and connects all the areas through buses, tube and trams.

Further, do visit the bugis street for some shopping. You can get cheaper souvenirs here than any other place.

I also always recommend night safari tram singapore. Its a totally different experience!

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Also try visiting the riverside area (clarke quay). Have dinner there or simply a drink! Its a must visit if nightlife fascinates you.

Delhi
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Thank you M Ali H,

Wings of time and Bugis street sounds exciting, do you think Sentosa and USS can be done together in a day ?

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Guarav I would suggest that you watch the wings of times at 7.40pm or 8.40pm (2 shows in a day) after getting done with the USS. The USS consumes almost your whole day and its not really possible to visit other attractions such as dolphin lagoon / underwater world, merlion, skytiger ride..

Delhi
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Thanks Ali, Good suggestion

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
7,820 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Just running through your initial itinerary

Day 1 - the Mandarin is a decent hotel so should at the very least take your bags off you on arrival allowing you to wander the local area. If you are lucky and they have low occupancy the room may be available but 2pm is a standard check in limit for Singapore.

Food Republic is a food court operator - there are a lot of their courts around Singapore and operate places in ION, Wisma Atria and Somerset 313 malls on Orchard, so if you are wanting directions make sure you are specific. They are a high end food court - so a bit pricier than standard ones but they can demand more from the stalls too - but still in the food court price range.

Day 2 - USS does not have internal transport that I know of, but its pretty small - if you are taking a wheelchair then USS have a guide that mentions such things here

www.rwsentosa.com/LinkClick.aspx…

Malls typically stay open fairly late into the evening (from a UK perspective) and some will be open until 10pm.

Day 3 - for me that time slot for the zoo would make the visit really not worth it. You are arriving late in the morning (10am) - just about when the coaches have arrived and started disgorging people en masse. You intend to do the River Safari first which will take a couple of hours at least and then plan to leave the zoo at 3pm - you will barely touch the zoo in that time (which is at most 3 hours). For a first time visitor to see everything there it takes pretty much the whole day in my opinion. Some add the river safari at the end of the Zoo - which would be fine if you got round the zoo by 3pm or shortly after. This is especially true if you intend to go at a pace that will not cause your mother problems - or if you get a wheelchair for her to go round the park. The Zoo is pretty large and any amount of time going around it means you will want to think about that given the distances. If you mother has to save her walking for one exhibit I'd always flag the Fragile Forest as the one.

zoo.com.sg/visitor-info/disabled-friendly-se…

Note you can get a wheelchair at the zoo entrance for free but it is first come first served so the best option is to get there early to get one before all the coach tours turn up.

Day 4 - again for me the time you have set up for the Bird Park is not enough - though the problem is not as acute as for the zoo. You could zip around in that sort of time if you have to but again you will have to think about how fast your mother can manage. Again wheelchairs available on first come, first serve basis.

birdpark.com.sg/visitor-info/disabled-friend…

FOr both the zoo and the birdpark I would recommend that you set aside the day for them, as it is possible you want to spend that much time at them (zoo is a full day for me, and most of a day for the bird park when starting at 9am for instance). For the event that you get round faster because you go faster or your group's endurance gives out then have a fill in option planned...but in the first instance I would reverse the day to make sure you have enough time to do them at a sensible pace for you and have other things as options on the day.

Delhi
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Hi Myrm,

Thank you very much for your detailed and insightful advise. I found your suggestions very useful.

I had not realized that I was not budgeting enough time for these attractions , particularly the Zoo.

But now, I will adjust my plans accordingly. I really appreciate you taking time out and writing such a detailed yet easy to understand note. Thanks for sharing your insights.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

You have set a long itinerary for Day 4. Bird Park + the 2 Conservatories at Gardens by the Bay are possible but will be tiring. Bear in mind that you will be on foot most of the day.

The Bird Park opens at 8.30am so is there any reason why you wish to start there at 10am? Yes, there are tourists who rush through the Bird Park in 3 hours, but to me, that's waste of money. IMO, if you start at 8.30am, it will still be around 3.30 by the time you finish the park. There are at least 2 not to be missed shows at the bird park - the Hawk show and the Birds-n-buddies show. You can reach Gardens by the Bay by 4pm if you take a taxi from the Bird Park. Add another half an hour if you opt for MRT-bus.

If you decide to see only one of the 2 conservatories, my vote for the Cloud Dome over the Flower Dome. Although the domes are open until 9pm, its best to see them in day light as the lighting inside is pretty dim.

Delhi
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

MRahul, good suggestion on starting early for zoo/bird park. I had initially thought reaching there by 10 or 11 am would be good enough, however that does not seem to be a good idea now.

thanks for your inputs.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Full Days at Singapore, itinerary - Any Suggestions ?

Hi gauravbh_1

Day 1

- Wash up airside before clearing immigration.

- The locals malls (including its food courts) open at around 10am, so there's 1 to 1.5 hours to kill after leaving your luggage at hotel. But Orchard Road has street-level & storefront food kiosks (cafes, kopitiams, fast food, beverage chains) that open early for breakfast or are 24/7, so grab a bite. Similar outlets are available back at the airport: changiairport.com/shopping-and-dining/dining…

- If the weather is good (the humidity here climbs at around 9:30am), opt for the Merlion Park & stroll clockwise to the Singapore Flyer. Nearby Marina Centre has a bunch of interconnecting malls, 2 MRT stations, & the underground CityLink mall that links all the way to City Hall MRT.

- Hang out at Orchard Road after hotel check-in at 2pm.

- Perhaps Clark Quay & a river cruise at night. The seaview is spectacular.

Day 2

- Try to reach your destinations by 8:30-9am for each day.

- USS does require a full day, but significant time is lost there just queuing for the rides. It's possible to squeeze in a late-afternoon activity (like Gardens by the Bay) if your entourage doesn't have kids. Pace yourself though, since you'll be outdoors the whole day without a chance to freshen up.

- Prioritize the conservatories (best visited in daylight) at GBTB. Stay on for the night laser shows at Marina Bay; MBS & GBTB have separate shows.

- Alternatively, you can stay back in Sentosa for its night attractions, or visit the massive Vivocity mall (better meal options) on the mainland side.

Day 3

- Plan for a full day (daytime) for the zoo &, if desired, the River Safari.

- Short rest back at hotel (recommended) before spending the evening at Little India.

Day 4

- Do the Bird Park during the day, freshen up at hotel, then Orchard Road again (or Chinatown/Bugis) in the evening.